Corsair Community

H100 120mm Fans

Ch28Kid

Hi

So I recently got a H100 and been running it for a month. My friend sent me a link about the push pull config and I decided to try it out.

I purchase a Coolermaster fan from so I can have 2 more fans to pull and attached to my 800D.

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=54352&vpn=R4%2DL2R%2D20CR%2FAR&manufacture=COOLERMASTER

I notice at lowest speed the new fans goes on for 15 sec, off for 10 sec then back on again CONSTANTLY. At medium speed it does it too. Only at highest speed it is constantly on.... but it sounds like a JET taking off.

I was wondering if the H100 cooler itself is enough to run 4 fans? Is there something wrong with the type of fans I picked?

I really want to do the push pull using all Corsair OEM 120mm fan but no one seems to carry them. I just want something quiet with average CFM.

What fan do you guys recommend? I just want 2 fans with similar specs as the Corsiar 120mm ones.

Thanks

Ch28Kid

• Corsair Employees

We don't really have a preference as to what fans to use with the H100. Any fans that has the same spec or close to will be ideal to use for push/pull.

Have you tried using just the Corsair fans and see if it behaves the same way?

Yes if I only use the 2 Corsair OEM fans provided by H100, everything is fine.

It's only if I add 2 additional fan and plug it into the waterblock I get that problem

Is there a place where I can buy Corsair OEM 120 mm fans? Or are there ones from third party with similar specs Corsairs recommend?

I did the same thing and got the same results. I used cougar vortex fans for the pull and cooler master R4 fans for the push. the cougar fans work great, but the cooler master fans start and stop all the time. I ended up just plugging the cooler master fans into my external fan controller. I would like to some how get fans to work with the H100 fan controller. Any reason why this happens?

• 2 weeks later...

Those CM fans just don't work well with the Corsair fan controller, we've seen posts about that before. They reacted the same ways yours do, so you don't have a fan controller issue. Nothing can be done about it, as long as they are connected to the Corsair fan controller. Fans can have quite different electrical properties than we may realize, such as starting voltage, and their speed at different voltages.

One question about the CM fans, did you notice the LEDs on them acting strangely in any way? Not just dimming, but did they seem to flash in a pattern when on the Corsair fan controller?

I think the Corsair fans are available through the main website, but I can never find that link.

DeGecko, I tested the fan you'll be getting, and I think it will work Ok on the Corsair controller.

You will likely have to do a Google search for 120MM Fan reviews to get a list of fans that would be the same spec. But if you want to order our set of 120MM fans you can order them here.

I apologize for bumping this, but I was going to create a topic about the 120mm fans. Do the fans that come with that kit work well enough as regular case fans or are they specifically made to work with the H100? If so, does Corsair sell any OEM 120mm fans of their own?

• Corsair Employees
Well it it is more that our H100 is made to work with the fans we use and you can use the link I gave previously to order the fans we use for the H60/H80 and H100 coolers. And yes they will work great as a case fan high static pressure and airflow.

• 2 weeks later...

So after scouring through MANY posts, I'm so glad to finally find this one! I just swapped the Corsair stock fans with 2 CM R4 blue LED fans on the H100. Couldn't figure out why they were revving and stopping like this.

Anyone know of a good 120mm fan with blue LEDs that do work with the H100?

Thx!

Archived