Corsair Community

Firmware Flash and a MAC

Corato

I have the Force 3 240GB in a 2011 MBP 15" i7. Do I need to install Windows 7 on the SSD in order to update from 1.2? Can I attach to Lenovo W510 via eSATA and update from that machine which is already Windows 7?

My interest is that I am having problems copying very large files, files over 1GB from the drive.

The best answer is "probably". The only way to know is to try it. I have updated via eSATA but it has to be Intel or AMD eSATA, not some 3rd party chip eSATA. Your controller must also be in AHCI mode.

And, yes, you can do the update from the disk while it is running the OS if you want to try it that way. Either is fine and won't harm your disk.

I have the Force 3 240GB in a 2011 MBP 15" i7. Do I need to install Windows 7 on the SSD in order to update from 1.2? Can I attach to Lenovo W510 via eSATA and update from that machine which is already Windows 7?

My interest is that I am having problems copying very large files, files over 1GB from the drive.

Please don't spam your post into multiple threads. It's hard to assist you when you are posting the same question all over the place.

Archived