Corsair Community

Force 3 120 GB Problems?

Tomhcb

I'm wondering whether there are problems with my SSD I've been getting alot of BSODs and app crashes which are not to do with drivers and blame it on windows system files or NTFS. I've been talking to a BSOD Kernel Dump Expert from windows on techsupportforum who suspects a problem with my SSD. I'm going to try running my computer on windows with a HDD to see if its the SSD. Any other Ideas for checking if its the ssd thats at fault.

By the way my serial starts 1134 so it is outside the 1123 which yellowbeard said were the unstable drives.

I'm using the ssd as a game drive, windows is on my sata2 drive.

firmware, bios, gfx, everything up to date.

but I'm having the bsod/freeze issues too, my dump reports have mentioned sata or sata drivers more than anything else but it happens with amd and ms drivers, so i duno.

went a week after fresh windows install without so much as a hiccup, then it bsod or locks up a couple times a day, back to having no problems... now its doing it again.

all i can do is remove the force 3 and see if that stops it.

if I don't have any problems I'm going to ebay this drive or something.

nothing but problems since the day i got it, granted not all the problems were from the drive itself... but nothing is worth this frustration.

firmware, bios, gfx, everything up to date.

So you upgraded your firmware to 1.3.3? After that, did you perform a SecureErase, CMOS reset and clean Win 7 installation?

Another possible solutions:

- try a different SATA cable

- disable C3/C6 states and other power saving related features in BIOS

If all your troubleshooting won't help you may want to RMA your drive.

it was a freshly secure erased drive running 1.3.3 since I did all that prior to the fresh windows install.

I bought a new MB because my old one was nForce trash and wouldnt even run the ssd at sata2 speeds.

so new motherboard, fresh windows install, brand new SATA III cables and all the power saving crap was either left on auto or disabled as i saw fit during first boot (before windows install).

the system was stable for roughly 2 weeks on all the drivers and software i have currently installed.

only thing I can possibly think of was that i switched from the MS AHCI driver to the AMD one, (looks like 10/25-11/05 i was stable, then I installed the amd ahci driver.)

all that is aside the point though, i unhooked the ssd and I'm still getting crashes.

so disregard my text as far as blaming the SSD itself, it may have been driver related instead of hardware.

switching AHCI drivers is something for the original poster to consider if possible.

I was getting up to 10 BSOD's a day for 6 months. Tried everything, read everything and then found out by chance with a memtest it was 1 stick of RAM defective. Now everything is running perfectly after a replacement of the RAM.

I was too getting all the problems with every driver in the system. Yet all the time it was the defective stick of ram.

Archived