Corsair Community

H60 Problems

CheeseSarny

My problem is either with my h60 or the motherboard. Basically if I connect the cpu cooler with the 3 pin socket my pc will only turn on for 6 seconds before turning off. If I turn on the pc without it connected it runs fine. I thought maybe use an 4 pin adaptor and try it that way, but I didn't know if that would cause a problem or not.

Any thoughts?

If you mean using a four pin molex to three pin fan header adapter to power the pump, then yes that is fine, that is how I supply power to two H60's I use. The H60's pump should get a full 12V for power, and unless you have the fan speed control for the three pin fan headers on your board turned off, the pump won't get full power when connected to the board.

The problem when using a molex adapter is unless it has an extra wire on a three pin fan connector to monitor the pumps speed, you can't verify that the pump is working correctly. The adapter I am referring to is a bit unusual, but they do exist, and is what I use.

You might have a pump problem, so you can connect the pump to a mother board fan header that supplies full power at all times, usually labeled Power or Pwr Fan, and then you can check the pumps speed too, which should be about 4000 RPM.

Archived