Corsair Community

Corsair 400R USB 3.0 front panel - over current error

mondenath

Hi guys I recently upgraded my case to corsair 400r as i am in need for long cpu cooler support and i already love the case as it host usb 3.0 as well. But was shocked to see that usb 3.0 connector when connected to my mother board and while booting i get a wired error message over current for usb devices system shutting down.

Kindly help me what could be wrong . I had not touched any specific setting related to USB power or like that. I am sure i connected it correctly. Any one faced like this before.

Hi guys I recently upgraded my case to corsair 400r as i am in need for long cpu cooler support and i already love the case as it host usb 3.0 as well. But was shocked to see that usb 3.0 connector when connected to my mother board and while booting i get a wired error message over current for usb devices system shutting down.

Kindly help me what could be wrong . I had not touched any specific setting related to USB power or like that. I am sure i connected it correctly. Any one faced like this before.

Are you sure you have plugged the usb cable into a usb header and not an esata header as they are physically the same , check your boards manual .

Hi there is not e-sata . its actually 19 or 20 pin connector next to sata connector facing upwards. No other port will fit in even for USB 2.0 i need to use what corsair gave convertor. But am i missing something here. Because the error message was over current usb device. I removed even my external pci-e x1 usb 3.0 device and tried but now it was plugged in and working fine but it is showing error only if i connect my front panel header.

Hi there is not e-sata . its actually 19 or 20 pin connector next to sata connector facing upwards. No other port will fit in even for USB 2.0 i need to use what corsair gave convertor. But am i missing something here. Because the error message was over current usb device. I removed even my external pci-e x1 usb 3.0 device and tried but now it was plugged in and working fine but it is showing error only if i connect my front panel header.

Yeah sorry my bad , i was thinking USB 2 but your on about the USB 3 connector :laughing: .

• 3 weeks later...

Archived