Corsair Community

CPU Fan error

hitch24

Hi folks

I'm struggling with the same issues like HeatT.

Today I've set up a complete new system with the H80 cooling.

Everything is connected, the 3 pin is connected with the CPU_FAN on the board, the fans are connected to the cooling block an power supply is also connected.

During the system boot, i get an CPU Fan error, an the CPU temperature is rising really fast. All fans are running well.

In the BIOS, the CPU RPMs are read out with "0". After shutting down the system immediately, unscrewing the cooling block and checking the temperature of the cooling block: it's quite hot, so the cooler is attached firmly but the heat isn't "getting away" to the radiator.

is the pump dead? :confused:

thanks

cheers

hitch

• Corsair Employees

Either a dead pump of there is a poor contact between the coldplate and the CPU. CPU Fan header is where you would normally connect the pump connector, if its reading "0" then possibly the pump is dead.

I would suggest using the link on the left and submit and RMA.

• 2 weeks later...
Either a dead pump of there is a poor contact between the coldplate and the CPU. CPU Fan header is where you would normally connect the pump connector, if its reading "0" then possibly the pump is dead.

I would suggest using the link on the left and submit and RMA.

Thanks for your reply, today I've received a new H80 from my reseller. Everything works like a charm now, the pump is running nicely and the CPU gets finally cooled....

Obviously, the pump was dead on the first H80 unit :mad:

this might be the first and the last time I've bought an corsair water cooling unit....

thanks

Archived