Corsair Community

Need help with 500r front panel headers

Erudito87

Hi i recently bought corsair carbide 500r case(looks amazing) and a h100. I took out all of the parts to my heavily upgraded acer predator g5900. I am pretty sure i installed everything correctly but i cant figure out where the fan headers go. I found this http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/Manuals/acer/2010/ServiceGuides/SG_Predator_G5900_Book_07262010.pdf page 81 tells me where everything goas but cant do it in relation to the case headers can someone please help I've been stuck for the last 2 days and just want to go back to playing skyrim. :(:

i just got it to work :) soooo happy the case is aweseom befor gpu use to be around 60 degrees now its 25-30, my i5 650 cpu only runs at around 22(before it was around mid 50s) every temp has been reduced by 50-70%! one quick query hopefullt someone can help me with the front of the case has a 1366 can i put that cable into a usb front connector thing on the mobo(nothing is marked 1366 but hles look very similar)

one quick query hopefullt someone can help me with the front of the case has a 1366 can i put that cable into a usb front connector thing on the mobo(nothing is marked 1366 but hles look very similar)

Do you mean FireWire (IEEE 1394)? As far as I can see from the manual, your mainboard does not support FireWire header. Even if they look similar, you shouldn't plug FireWire cable to USB header (and vice versa).

Do you mean FireWire (IEEE 1394)? As far as I can see from the manual, your mainboard does not support FireWire header. Even if they look similar, you shouldn't plug FireWire cable to USB header (and vice versa).

okay thx for the help. I guess i ave to wait until i get a new motherboard (msi z68a gd80)

Archived