Corsair Community

Brand New 1050HX DOA??

Cal627

I just received my RMA from UPS today. This is my 3rd RMA in less than 2 years! To replace a 1000HX (First one died while gaming, second one squealed while gaming as if it was dying, and 3rd one died *yet again* while gaming) So I asked if I could please have a 1050HX instead, and of course she said yes after she looked over my previous RMA's.

So now I have a brand new sealed in plastic 1050HX(at least I think its new). So I hook it all up and hit the power button... nothing. Just a quick jolt of power and then nothing. The system just wont boot up. I triple checked all my connections and even tried the other power strip under my desk... still nothing. Now I'm scared. So I unhook it all and re-install the 850 watt that I've been using as a temporary and the system boots right up no problems *phew*. I am using it to type this right now XD. I jumped the 1050HX with a paper clip and the fan on it spins fine. So what the heck is going on? Am I just the most un-lucky Corsair customer on the face of this planet?!?!? Where is the President of Corsair? He needs to see this. All the shipping I had to pay, and the pain and suffering lol.

Mods please move this to the correct location if this is not it.

Sorry about the psu. I had similar problem with AX850, I put all together and when hit the power button…nothing (tried a few times and stopped). I filled up a return form to replace it. After I finished it with the form I tried one more time and it worked. I think it was the 24 pin cable, the pins inside were not right. I requested a new one but it seems that they are out of stock.

I had for more than a week the HX1050, received it by mistake, It worked perfect, no complains at all. Buying a psu is a lottery; you pick a good one or a bad one.

Archived