Corsair Community

Unstable running 2 kits of CML8GX3M2A1600C9W

Jasps

their test bench may not have been compatible! betcha they didnt even check!

also based on the lines i would more suspect the video card before anything else. just tossing in my .02 as well.

i hope you get it sorted before the holidays and im sorry to see you going through this ordeal.

But I don't know what the cause is. I think the first two kits didn't work well together and the 16GB kit, well maybe one module was defect as I didn't run a memtest on them (same problem so I assumed it would be something else). But I can still do that if you want me to, as they have sent them back.

I would just to be safe. But i dont think you will find anything wrong with them.

It's war!

They are lying to me, now they do not want to send me a 16GBkit, only a temporary 4GB kit and want me to return the defect kit!

I asked the guy i yesterday spoke to, to send me a confirmation email about everything, he would do that. He didn't however and is now saying he didn't said he would do that! And denying that he ever said that they would send a 16GB kit and I don't need to return the defect one.

I'm going to the company on Friday, bring everything with me and demand my money back (900 euros). If they don't give in, I will consult a attorney.

:mad:

• 2 months later...

We installed your components to our test-benches. When we installed the memory on one of our test boards, the system would not start. After this we concluded that one of the modules is the cause of this. This is the reason that in your system only 12GB was recognized. The conclusion is that the memory is defect.

The bold is utter bull**** as it saw the 16GB but was unstable and later on even with 12GB is was crashing like never before. It's a complete mess there, telling you things that are not true and breaking promises. I will never order parts from them ever again.

Its a disappoint to see that even there things are pretty much shabby as around here. Same hamsterish excuses. In most cases they don't even test the memory modules because it's time waste for the service/repair shop as i saw these too many times and i rather wouldn't know. They mostly rely on customer test and if everything works fine they charge you for their incompetence, and return no matter that it wont work in your setup. You have luck that you bought the whole system and you even tested it for them. In your case if you have wholesale return option i'd do exact that. Return the whole machine to their shop and ask for refund.

As they didn't charge you for "service" i'd bet that they didn't even put modules in setup. Just now you returned them for second time they try to fiddle wit them or just tell you what you told them and exchange your modules for newer ones while they're gonna sell yours in someones else setup. Unfortunately these kind of shabbiness are usual in garage shops electronics for decades (no matter how reputable or widespread that shop is).

As far as memtest goes it usually wont show you if some strange latency issues are going on when your in the OS but it would show you a defective module very quick. The only real test is running stress test on desired clocks in OS. Proven on any system since nForce2+AthlonXP

btw what is it mean "Bestel nooit wat bij Alternate!" (gugltr gives me inconclusive rubbish as im not native speaker, you could send on PM)

Jasps, I´m sorry if my comment here is self-evident, but have you really made sure that your Qpi/Vtt voltage setting do correspond to what's stated in the XMP profile?

The reason I´m saying this is that some Gigabyte m/b models have a strange feature of not automatically changing this voltage setting in accordance to the XMP profile (as earlier stated by other forum members).

Wrong value for Qpi/Vtt could severely affect the stabilty of your system.

Archived