Corsair Community

Memory recommendation for Asus M5A78L LE

Vanderlei

The Consair "memory configurator" doesn't list my MB. Is it safe to pick one the options listed in the board's manual (QVL)? I would like a recommendation for a 4gb (2 modules of 2gb). Right now I am using CMV4GX3M2A1333C9 which I had bought for another board, but I'm not sure it's the best choice. I was thinking that maybe CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 (1,65v) would be ok. My concern is that it seems DDR3 memories are too sensitive in terms of compatibility. Thanks for any help.

No RG,it's one of ASUS's new AMD boards that supports the new APU"s. It is not listed in the configurator yet. I suppose it will be added as soon as there is testing done/finished with that MB though....

I flipped through your MB manual and the memory QVL and they list both 1.5 and 1.65v memory as being safe. You should be fine with what you have or the CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 kit. Although i would suggest you go higher in capacity if you are running a 64 bit OS. 8 gig would really help you out performance wise.

Also if you are using one of AMD's APU's (Bulldozer) i would also suggest you find a 1866mhz kit as both the MB and CPU support that frequency natively without any overclocking. And if you use a phenom you will be limited to 1333mhz memory unless you overclock your system. They will not run at 1600mhz with out the OC .

Thank you very much for your reply.

I guess I will try the 8 gig kit some time soon. But first I'll have to go through the tutorial on how to OC my current CPU to get the 1600mhz frequency. From a quick glance at the tutorial, it looks like it's not for the faint of heart, as they say.

I'm using a phenom II CPU (x4 925, 2,8 mhz), but I intend to upgrade to a Bulldozer some time in the future (they are not available here yet).

Archived