Corsair Community

H70 getting load temps of 99c

Mujinator

Hey guys so this has been my first build and I've heard many good things about the h70 hydro cooling system, I have attached it to my lga1155 intel core i7 which is currently running at stock speeds reaching Idle temps of 33 and during gaming today reaching 99 any guesses as to why this is happening ?? help would be much appreciated. :[pouts:

what do you mean in the mobo? the pumps power cable to a molex and the speed sensor to the CPU fan header so you can see the pump speed under cpu fan in the bios hardware monitor.

as far as the fans as long as they spin and move good air its irrelevant how/where they get their power :):

got pix?

Then it must not be mounted incorrectly. Make sure the pump head is flat down on the CPU. Make sure there are no capacitors around the pump head preventing it from sitting down flush. If it is resting on top of capacitors, rotate the pump head 90 degrees and remount. Dont forget new thermal paste! If it is nice and flat , make sure you have all the hold down screws snugged up pretty good too!

Just to be clear, you should have the one wire connector(yellow wire) to the CPU_FAN header, and then there is also a four pin molex that should be plugged directly into the PSU molex cable.

Where ever you have the fans plugged in is irrelevant as long as they are spinning.

Then it must not be mounted incorrectly. Make sure the pump head is flat down on the CPU. Make sure there are no capacitors around the pump head preventing it from sitting down flush. If it is resting on top of capacitors, rotate the pump head 90 degrees and remount. Dont forget new thermal paste! If it is nice and flat , make sure you have all the hold down screws snugged up pretty good too!

Just to be clear, you should have the one wire connector(yellow wire) to the CPU_FAN header, and then there is also a four pin molex that should be plugged directly into the PSU molex cable.

Where ever you have the fans plugged in is irrelevant as long as they are spinning.

I never recieved any cables that connecet via a molex directly in to the PSU i got 2 fan headers each for the fans and a 1 pump cable thats it.

• Corsair Employees

This is an H70, the unit will not come with the molex plug like the H80 and H100.

Looks like you have the 3pin pump connector plugged in to the pump which is correct. The two fans can be connected to the motherboard or a fan controller, which ever you prefer. Your pump's rpm is running within spec but I would make sure that you disable Smart-fan/Q-fan in BIOS to ensure that it runs at max at all times. I would check if you have a full contact between the cold plate and CPU, make sure that there are no caps that could be preventing a full contact.

hi Ram guy i did as you said reseated it and applied new thermal compound, straight after this and went in to real temp and i was getting idle temps of 40c this was also shown on my motherboard temp led, i than ran sesnor test and under 100% load i was still getting 99c and my TJ max had reached 0.0 on core 1, now after the test is complete i am now getting idle temps of 46c, do you think my H70 may be defective ?

Archived