Corsair Community

CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 and Memtest

ElecTriX

The last couple of weeks Ive had big errors when unpacking large rar-files and also a couple of Win7-bluescreens.

I have 2 of 2x4GB modules (4 pieces of 4GB modules)

After just reading on a forum Ive found out that it might be a faulty memory-module. Went to this forum and found out that checking the memories with Memtest 86+ was recommended.

Now when I run it it directly throws 4 errors and after a while it says "Errors per memory slot" (or something) like this:

0: 1

1: 1

2: 1

3: 1

4: 0

5: 0

And so on.. Does this mean that all four of my memory-modules are faulty?!

When coming up to test 6-7 it throws 198 errors and going.. :S

I have configurated the memories as default in my UEFI-setting, though manually setting the voltage to 1.65v and to 1600mhz (it always wanted to put it down to 1333..).

Edit:

Also tried to lower to voltage to 1.545 (no setting for 1.55 in UEFI) and 1333mhz but it gives the same errors..

Will return with the final error-summary of Memtest tomorrow morning.

Any ideas or tips? Or RMA? Tell me what to do! :confused:

ElecTriX,

First , i you could, please fill in your system specs. The more information we have the easier it is to help.

What MB and what CPU are you using?

And what are the exact settings you are using for both CPU and memory?

Errors in memtest could be caused from anything between wrong voltage and timings to bad modules.

The first thing you should do is test each stick of memory individually in the first slot. Let Memtest run for about 4 passes or until you get an error. It's basically impossible for all the sticks to be bad, so if there i one in there causing a problems this will point it out pretty fast.

If you have an ASUS mb make sure you disable "USB Legacy support" in your BIOS before testing. That setting can cause false positives in memtest.

I have configurated the memories as default in my UEFI-setting, though manually setting the voltage to 1.65v and to 1600mhz (it always wanted to put it down to 1333..).

Are you making sure to save the settings before exiting? Not sure why it keeps defaulting to 13333mhz unless it's an AMD system in which case XMP wont work and just setting the frequency wont either. You would have to overclock the CPU to get higher RAM frequencies.

Hi and thank you for replying!

CPU: Inte i7 2600k

MB: ASRock P67 EXTREME6 B3

No OC on CPU, not through UEFI anyways that Ive set..

Memory-settings I have tried:

9 9 9 24

9 10 9 24

Both 1.65v 1600mhz and 1.545 1333mhz.

I have Legacy Usb enabled, will try to disable and run again.

Any more ideas I can try while im at it?

Many Thanks!

Archived