Corsair Community

Results as requested please Synthohol: Mem Tested Results.....

garysgreat

Hi Synthohol. As you requested here are my results of my testing of 1866 (9-10-9-27 2T) memory with memtest 86.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Testing stick 1 in Dimm slot A2 with XMP settings. USB Legarcy disabled etc. 6 Passes without errors at 1.5v.

Testing stick 1 in slot B2. 10 passes without errors with XMP settings. One thing to note: Memtest and cpu-z report the timmings as 6-6-6-20 1866 for some reason in this dimm slot.

Testing stick 2. Will not POST at 1866 in both dimm slots, Unless volted to 1.55v.

Setting timmings to 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 1.5v is fine although again cpu-z reports the cas 6 timmings.

I can't test the mem in the other two slots because my cooler wont allow it. As I said before my previous memory booted fine and dandy at rated speed and voltage. So is this an rma job or can I use this memory without voiding warranty at 1.6v?

Sorry to start this new thread but I need an answer so I can sort out this memory on monday, although I was maybe toying with the idea of running at 1600 mhz sice by what I can gather, the speed difference is really tiny.

Cheers.

The modules should be good up to 2.0v if remember correctly. But the issue really wouldn't be so much a RAM warranty issue as it would be a processor warranty . Intel is really adamant about using nothing but 1.5v max RAM voltage. So i dunno, it's your call. Personally I'm with Synthohol. I would run 1.6v and be comfortable with it. *shrugs*

Thanks but I need an answer to the rma question. If I have to over volt this memory to get it stable at it's rated speed then does that not make this kit defective? I have no probs running it at 1.6 volts but I thought that could damage my sandy chip? If someone could tell my my warranty rights that would be good. I paid for 1866 speed so I guess I should be able to use it? Cheers

1.55v will not violate the warranty and is not an unsafe voltage for your CPU/IMC. If you want, we can replace the modules now or you can run them at 1.55v and see how it goes. We can always replace them down the line if you need. RMA link on the left side of any forum page.

Thanks Yellow beard. The only problem is to get the memory ubber stable, I need to run the kit at 1.6 volts otherwise I get an error imediately in prime95 using max memory. It passes memtest though at 1.55v. If I don't set 1.6v I can and did get two bsod. I am still under supplier warranty thanks, I trust they would also agree with the rma?

Thanks for your assistance. I really need tomething to worry about. It's not the end of the world..

Archived