Corsair Community

Force series (sata II, 2.4 firmware) sleep issue on laptops

EugenF

I decided to open a new thread about sleep issue of Force series (sata II) on laptops. It affect all ssd producers.

I used to have a Force 115GB2-A (updated to 2.4 firmware).

The sleep problem remains so I returned it to shop.

I learned that sleep problem with Sandforce 1200/1222 controller and Intel mobile chipsets was very old (more than one year).

If someone found a solution please write it here.

There is no solution, If the chipset is fairly old then the chances of it getting to work are 50/50. I'd say the Older chipsets do not support the technology the SSD uses and it is not possible for Intel to release a ROM to resolve it as the feature may not have been developed at that time.

So the only answer for this issue is to RMA it like YellowBeard mentioned.

• 3 weeks later...

Dell Studio XPS 1340 + Corsair Force Series 160GB SATA II SSD (CSSD-F160GBP2-BRKT) -> having small OS freezes for 10 - 15 sec intervals once or twice a day. After updated to 2.4 firmware ssd has the same problem.

Dell Studio XPS 1340 has Intel G45 Express Chip-set.

• 3 weeks later...

Problems with Notebook SAMSUNG e452-01it (with Intel HM55 Express) and the new Corsair F115.

"When Power On the Notebook I got the same error: "Non-System disk or disk error" .

After Reboot with Ctrl+Alt+Del the system works fine and very fast.

I am sure the drive has firmware 2.1a I also tried using the update firmware 2.4 from Corsair but it didn't detect the drive.

I really don't know what do and haven't found any solutions online.

I also updated my motherboard bios

However this didn't solve the problem"

For details see thread:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=546393&postcount=48

Archived