Corsair Community

disappearing Force GT 120 GB

Littlejets

Hi I am new on here and wondering if anyone can help me. I have a force gt 120gb and have fw 1.2 still and want to update to the latest fw 1.3.3. The reason being is that my system Randomly crashes and disappears and leaves the hd led blinking for a lobg time shoing something is loading but it clearly isn't. The only problem is I don't want to update and have more problems like a bsod. Has anyone had the same problem which has been fixed with no other problems with the fw 1.3.3?

Hi I am new on here and wondering if anyone can help me. I have a force gt 120gb and have fw 1.2 still and want to update to the latest fw 1.3.3. The reason being is that my system Randomly crashes and disappears and leaves the hd led blinking for a lobg time shoing something is loading but it clearly isn't. The only problem is I don't want to update and have more problems like a bsod. Has anyone had the same problem which has been fixed with no other problems with the fw 1.3.3?

Quite a few people have posted here stating that each successive firmware update has helped them. Update to the 1.3.3 for sure, that's why SF put it out and why we posted it here, to help symptoms exactly like yours. ::pirate::

After updating the firmware to 1.3.3 my ssd had reduced in speed, i have tried to Secure Erase the drive but everytime i try to do this with p magic it says the drive is protected and must go into sleep and back on to continue. when i do this the screen goes funny and doesnt let me continue to SE the drive.

Any suggestions on how i can get around this???

Just had the same issue with my PC.

Then I put the SSD to my laptop and booted parted magic, there it worked. Looked like sleep mode of my PC was not working.

Another solution might be to disconnect the SSD and reconnect it, just before you hit "Enter" to boot from the parted magic CD (or USB Stick ...). Then the ATA Freeze caused by the BIOS should not have become active.

Is your SSD the only drive in your system? Or do you have an old HDD connected to your mobo with an old Win 7 installation on it? Then i would recommend to disconnect all other drives and try to SE the SSD.

I disconnected all other drives just so I don't se my data drive. The only drive connected is the ssd.

I have also just tried it in another system which doesn't come up with a message saying the drive is frozen but when it says the erase is complete and restart the system it still has my old Windows on which is strange since there is no other drive still connected. Any suggestions as to what I might need to do??

Archived