Corsair Community

Want to buy two Corsair SSD's have question

stickies

Hi, all I currently have two ******** SSD's in a raid 0 I want to put them into another rig and buy two more SSD's of course I have always loved Corsair products! I am thinking of buying two 60gb Series 3 Sata III drives for a raid-0. I was looking through the forum and it seems to me it is a little time consuming to secure erase them with having to burn iso and the such. I don't need to back up anything cause I use them as a boot drive only. Now ******** has tools that make secure erasing real easy now am I missing something here what does it take to secure erase a Corsair SSD? I do have two rigs so I usually plug them into a different rig to secure erase my ******** drives which I can do both in about 1 minute for both SSD's. Please guide me here as I am interested in Corsair SSD's but want to know the process thank you

It may take a bit of time to run the bugs out but those are not as fast as the series 3 and with me having two 60's in a raid-0 my read/writes will be very high compared to one of those. Maybe someone can chime in and let me know the process for secure erasing the series 3 drives other wise I have two stick with OXC only cause secure erasing is real fast and easy

On my daily driver rig (Force3 120GB x 2 in RAID-0) so far the onboard garbage collection from SF seems to be keeping the speeds up just fine. Of course, your overall disk usage may play into it if you put a lot of data on the array. Any drive or array is going to slow as it fills. Based on my machine, I think you'll be OK.

On my daily driver rig (Force3 120GB x 2 in RAID-0) so far the onboard garbage collection from SF seems to be keeping the speeds up just fine. Of course, your overall disk usage may play into it if you put a lot of data on the array. Any drive or array is going to slow as it fills. Based on my machine, I think you'll be OK.
huh???? your answer don't pertain to my question....... All I am asking is there an easy way to secure erase the Corsair Series 3 SSD's? from I can read it is a long timely process. ******** has tools I can do two of their drives in about one minute. I WANT to buy two corsair ssd's if the process is real easy so what is the process to secure erase them. Thank you for your time.

I jumped to the conclusion that you were asking about secure erasing and imaging your OS because of the lack of TRIM in RAID-0. It's a popular question.

Secure erase is easy, there is a HOW TO in our HOW TO section. I have a dedicated flash drive with Parted Magic on it just for this purpose. As you noted about the utility you listed, Parted Magic too is fast n easy. Total time for 2 disks, less than 5 min. The actual secure erase function takes about 5 seconds in most cases.

I jumped to the conclusion that you were asking about secure erasing and imaging your OS because of the lack of TRIM in RAID-0. It's a popular question.

Secure erase is easy, there is a HOW TO in our HOW TO section. I have a dedicated flash drive with Parted Magic on it just for this purpose. As you noted about the utility you listed, Parted Magic too is fast n easy. Total time for 2 disks, less than 5 min. The actual secure erase function takes about 5 seconds in most cases.

Ok that is what I was asking thank you! trying to decide if which manufacturer SSD's to buy thank you again that helped me.

Archived