Corsair Community

Corsair F120 upgrade issue

disable001

Hi folks,

Before that my Corsair F120 works not realy great but works, i experienced only one or two boot cold problem and some wake after S3 problem.

So i decided to upgrade the firmware.to 2.4 and i cannot boot anymore. :eek:

The flash procedure was good, but the SSD cannot be detected a boot time.

I must go into bios for go in IDE mode and after a first boot and detection of the SSD i go back in AHCI for boot again.

:mad:

I have a Asus G53JW laptop with a Intel HM55 Express chipset.

Can you help me?

Hi folks,

Before that my Corsair F120 works not realy great but works, i experienced only one or two boot cold problem and some wake after S3 problem.

So i decided to upgrade the firmware.to 2.4 and i cannot boot anymore. :eek:

The flash procedure was good, but the SSD cannot be detected a boot time.

I must go into bios for go in IDE mode and after a first boot and detection of the SSD i go back in AHCI for boot again.

:mad:

I have a Asus G53JW laptop with a Intel HM55 Express chipset.

Can you help me?

There is nothing you can do, I have the same issue, my SSD is not detected on my last 2-3 laptops and I also have to chose IDE mode so I can boot the system. But it happens on 20% of ocassions. There is another way you can boot the SSD, you need to hot eject the drive and replugg it, then bios will boot it in ahci mode without troubles.

I know the old Force drives suck, the firmware is bugged out and Corsair failed to fix this. Maybe you can downgrade the firmware back? Not sure about this..

I'm afraid also that updating the firmware will render my SSD undetectable in BIOS.

GJ Corsair.

PS: you can try to RMA the drive, not sure if bugs are included in warranty drive exchange.

Do you always have to change it to IDE every time you start your laptop?

No. It depends on laptop BIOS as far as I tested. On my Acer 5742G it fails to boot when I start laptop on battery, but works when plugged in. If i set IDE on my Acer it always boots. Also when plugged in, it might happen to need to hot plugg it. Not sure it's a temperature issue or BIOS bug.

SSD's are so much trouble if laptop has bad BIOS engineering.

• 4 months later...

I flash backward in 2.0 and it works better but not realy great :sigh!:

My SSD was detected at 2nd time boot. That means i need to boot one time, no response of the SSD, i need to reboot. And at second time it's OK. :laughing:

Corsair, please work on a 2.5 FW that solve this problem. It's realy annoying.

Archived