Corsair Community

Corsair case fans, 3PIN LED don't fit my zalman fan controller

papalazaru

Those fans are proprietary to the 400R LED on/off switch. I don't think that there is an adapter for that type of connector at the moment. I could be wrong though, but I have yet to see one.

Is it possible to modify the wiring to connect these fans to your normal fan controller and control them from there? The LED's do not matter to me.

If this is not possible then I'm quite disappointed. One of the big draws of the Carbide 500R for me was the pre-installed Corsair fans, which I had planned to hook up to my fan controller and have them turned off unless I needed the cooling. My old fans transplanted from my old case would have just plugged into the fan headers and been controlled by the motherboard.

Now I am faced with hoping that I can modify the Corsair fans or purchasing replacement fans. My only gripe with the case package.

Is it possible to modify the wiring to connect these fans to your normal fan controller and control them from there? The LED's do not matter to me.

If this is not possible then I'm quite disappointed. One of the big draws of the Carbide 500R for me was the pre-installed Corsair fans, which I had planned to hook up to my fan controller and have them turned off unless I needed the cooling. My old fans transplanted from my old case would have just plugged into the fan headers and been controlled by the motherboard.

Now I am faced with hoping that I can modify the Corsair fans or purchasing replacement fans. My only gripe with the case package.

...... I just said that I cut the tabs/clips off and they plug right in to a fan controller.

...... I just said that I cut the tabs/clips off and they plug right in to a fan controller.

Nevermind. They refused to work the first time I tried and required some persuasion to work. Plugged in fine even with the clips/tabs attached but wasn't happy a couple of times when I tried it.

Got it all sorted now.

Seems like you're able to plug the fans into a standard 3-pin port (maybe remove the clips/tabs in certain circumstances) and have normal fan control. You do however lose the LED ability.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does Corsair actually recommend users to hack and splice the fan connector for their stock units in order to get them to connect to the standard motherboards on the market? And no one else complains?

I'd just like to be clear before I try to hook up my new 500R to my new ASrock:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/TJNNa83qMDUbIwC_3j4FyZQeNIJ_IJFaJ_6COky-H5M?feat=directlink

I'm sorry, then, it seems I have missed the actual reason. You have a male fan connector lead (?!?) on your case coming from the front panel that does not appear to be compatible with... well, anything. At least, I don't believe I've ever seen a female fan connector on any motherboard.

It would seem to be a good idea to offer a converter of some kind - much like the USB3 to USB2 connector cable. If there is one already out there that will let me plug these fans in, I would be grateful to have it pointed out.

Archived