Corsair Community

CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 XMP Profile (?)

liquidfluidity

I know my "TR3X6G2000C8GT" kit only has 1 profile. I think that is what he is talking about. And the only one profile is the 2,000mhz one. I know other kits have 2 profiles for 2,000mhz kits.

1) one being 2,000mhz {x.m.p profile 1}

2) one being 1,866mhz {x.m.p profile 2}

When I enter the XMP profile in the bios , the only thing/option show is "auto". I'm underthe assumption that 2000mhz is only achievable with an overclocked cpu. I am now having issues with a disappearing stick. I have started Memtesting each stick individually in each slot. Strange issue though since I can restart the pc and it usually shows back up. Getting irritated with this build!

When I enter the XMP profile in the bios , the only thing/option show is "auto".

Any chance you can get a screenshot of that BIOS screen? It does not sound like you are actually enabling XMP.

I'm underthe assumption that 2000mhz is only achievable with an overclocked cpu.

That is exactly what you are doing when enabling XMP. It automatically adjust CPU and memory controllers to achieve that memory overclock of 2000mhz. There is also the possibility that your CPU just wont overclock to 2000mhz.

• Corsair Employees

Your original question was

Just a quick question - how many profiles are on these sticks? I'm running these with a W3520 Xeon(stock speds right now) and have XMP enabled and it's only showing 1 profile - the 1600Mhz profile. Is this related to the nonoverclocked chip?

The Answer was what you posted with the screen shot of CPU-Z all of the modules are correct and I only see one profile.

And I agree if you think they are not running correctly then post a screen shot of the memory Tab.

This is the only thing it shows. I haven't enabled it again yet since I just redid my overclock and am holding them manually at 1600mhz. When I tried the XMP profile before I was at stock speeds and it only went to 1600mhz. Can I make the assumption that the profile is set to a 1:1 divider and when I reach 4.0Ghz , the ram will be at 2000mhz? Thanks for the assist guys. I have never messed with XMP , just thought I'd mess with it to see how it worked.

File too big. I have to edit........

66321793_CaptureXMP2.thumb.PNG.7498e5a68a7dd7bfd6b66141adb97d7c.PNG

Sorry about that Liquid, I did say that..Lemme back up a bit

The screen shot of the BIOS AFTER XMP is enabled and it shows the profile that is listed

. And my last post was referring to what RamGuy was asking about the memory Tab in CPU-z. So if you have a chance could you post both plz?

Gonna have a couple sets of pics as I noticed some discrepancies as I enabled XMP. I noticed that after a couple reboots , the timing changed between what was listed in the bios and what was shown in CPUz. I'm getting ready to tear this machine down to see if I can figure out why I have a stick that doesn't show on initial cold boot (10hr + down/off). I restart once and it shows back up.

451481402_Capture1.thumb.PNG.fb6293dc8525b79a30ff6c8feed20029.PNG

Capture2.PNG.8657bd22c273f3c441c68c616812418e.PNG

1618715780_XMPEnabled@StockClocks.PNG.fcbfcb21813e58e895c9fc6e60ed9840.PNG

Archived