Corsair Community

H80 High CPU Temps

lewski

Hi, I just build a new system with an H80. I had an H50 on my previous system and had no issues at all, still working great. My H80 on my new Sandy Bridge 1155 system seems to be installed correctly, but my idle temps are over 40C, and I have been reading that its too high.

I wanted to ask if their was a known issue with install on my mobo. I notice that the block looks like its sitting right on the caps near the CPU, they half go under the block itself.

Are their any known issues with this mobo and the H80;

GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3P LGA 1155 Intel Z68 ???

Thank You...

lewSki

Answered my own question. Took the block off, and its not making contact with the CPU for over 70% of the surface from where the CAP's are. You guys really need a motherboard compatibility chart, or retool your block to sit up higher. Now I have a $120 paperweight.

Answered my own question. Took the block off, and its not making contact with the CPU for over 70% of the surface from where the CAP's are. You guys really need a motherboard compatibility chart, or retool your block to sit up higher. Now I have a $120 paperweight.

I've read other post about not making contact, have you tried turning the block 90 degrees (I know you probably already tried this)?

Thanks, I appreciate the tip. I did read your thread earlier and tried playing with the block orientation, but when I rotated the block it still seemed to sit on that row of caps. Now that I removed it I notice that one of my cap's has a dent in the top, so I hope that doesn't fubar my mobo.

Gonna just go air on this build as I already shipped the H80 back to NewEgg. I wasn't crazy about the full throttle self test at start-up anyway. I am building a super quiet rig and that self test counters my efforts.

• 3 weeks later...

Update if it matters. The Giga MB I could not install the H80 on had consistant boot loops, and I RMA'ed it. Its replacement is an ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe/GEN3, so I decided to go back to an H series. I installed the H60 (Didnt like the full throttle self test on the H80), and the cooling block installs fine. I did have an issue with one screw which I think is striped, but I managed to crank it down and the block is tight.

Just an FYI...

Archived