Corsair Community

Second H100 Not working ?

Roughneck

Hi there Corsiar.

ive recently bought the new cooling system of yours Hydro series H100

and sadly enough i got the same problem with the controller not working, not setting the right fan speed, and after a few reboots and reseatings it simply died.

even tried the reseting method described on the forums to no luck, so i decieded to RMA it.

i got my replacement cooler today, got it up and running, this time the controller worked like it should.

but for some weird reason after installing the cooler, my computer will not boot properly, when i press the power on button it starts up, then shuts down a second later, then repeats that cycle a few times before finally booting, and this only happened after installing the cooler.

another thing is that the fans on the cooler, seems to be starting on very high settings whenever i turn on the computer, blowing air like crazy, then after 10 seconds they return to there normal settings?? that aint normal i suppose.

Lastly my LOT number is 11309403, this is the same LOT number you guys told another forum member to RMA by ? is it possible youve got more LOT numbers not working properly ?

Well i just did a quick run through on the forums while wating for an answer, and ive seen the first 6-7 other post describing my issue or very close to it, everyone of them with the same LOT number as mine, but NOT the one in the sticky ? there must be problems with more lot numbers than youre stating, would you please provide an update to the sticky, so that when i RMA my second H100 i can put in the LOT numbers to avoid ???

Unfortunately, I am experiencing the same start-stop issue with a H100 I just bought, although a different lot number. Replaced it with another cooler, and the PC started fine.

IMO, Corsair has not yet determined if another lot of H100s have an issue or not. I believe if an issue is found, they will then post the lot number. These things take time to verify, so we'll need to wait and see what happens.

Hi there Corsair.

ive recently bought the new cooling system of yours Hydro series H100

and sadly enough i got the same problem with the controller not working, not setting the right fan speed, and after a few reboots and reseatings it simply died.

even tried the reseting method described on the forums to no luck, so i decieded to RMA it.

i got my replacement cooler today, got it up and running, this time the controller worked like it should.

but for some weird reason after installing the cooler, my computer will not boot properly, when i press the power on button it starts up, then shuts down a second later, then repeats that cycle a few times before finally booting, and this only happened after installing the cooler.

another thing is that the fans on the cooler, seems to be starting on very high settings whenever i turn on the computer, blowing air like crazy, then after 10 seconds they return to there normal settings?? that aint normal i suppose.

Lastly my LOT number is 11309403, this is the same LOT number you guys told another forum member to RMA by ? is it possible youve got more LOT numbers not working properly ?

Oh no.. I have that same lot number. Am I doomed?! Or has there been people who have had success with this lot number?

I agree, they've definitely got more batches with problems. I've got two units and two defective fan controls. (Lot numbers: 11309403 and 11359483). Both units showed same problem. The power on issues that you've described here followed by intermitent high, low fan speed changes. Fan speed lights on controller not lit, just the person. Firmware resets did not address the problem for either. Fan control is disabled in the bios and I had no luck with resetting the firmware. Love the cooling when it works. Frustrated as heck with the fan noise on high and the alternating between that and low speed. If I have the same problem with my RMA unit I may try to use M/B fan headers instead.

Archived