Corsair Community

Sabertooth 990FX low profile compatibility

TheKraken

So I have recently decided to upgrade to a new mobo and the AMD FX series. While searching the compatibility I found that of the low profile RAM in the amount I want that is approved is CML16GX3M4A1600C9B. I'm just not a big fan of the color blue; shallow yes I know. Then I found CML16GX3M4A1600C9, which seems the same in every compatibility, but is not blue, a big plus for me. However, it is not listed as compatible despite having the same specs. So is it compatible?

• Corsair Employee
Yes they are exactly the same memory internally, just keep in mind these modules are made for and tested on an Intel Sandy Bridge Chipset so running them on an AMD system will likely have to run them at DDr1333 depending on the CPU you use and if you over clock or not.

Thank you very much for confirming it. I anticipated them being at 1333Ghz and having to reset them in the BIOS manually. I really wish AMD was a little more popular and flexible, but I have used AMD for over a decade and can't bring myself to change. I'll be heading out to by that RAM tonight and again thanks for the prompt reply.

Archived