Corsair Community

One 4Gig stick OK, the other - pc won't post or boot

Redheadpeter

Bought 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) Cosair Vengeance DDR3 (CML8GX3M2A1600C9W) to go onto Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H board on PC running Win 7 64 bit.

Arrived yesterday.

Installed both sticks in slots 1 and 3 and PC started fine but Windows reported 8 GB RAM (3.96 GB available).

Took 1 stick out (call it Stick A) and tested the other stick (B) in slots 1 and 3 - everything OK, Windows reports 4 GB

Took Stick B out and put in Stick A, PC will not Post or Boot with the stick in slot 1 or Slot 3.

I have raised a support/RMA request on the Corsair website but just checking there is nothing else I should be trying?

Bios reports correct timings and voltage for working stick.

Ram Guy,

Case number is #2388721 - and now a whole day has gone by without hearing back from them (yes I did tell them I had already done what they suggested).

I also asked them if I needed to reply both sticks (it was bought as 2 x 4GB) or just the bad one.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks RAM GUY - it's on its way back to California.

Though a note has also gone to the UK retailer. We have a law here called the Sale of Goods Act which makes the retailer, not the manufacturer, responsible for things the retailer sells. Of course one would expect them to have a recourse to the manufacturer - but that's their problem, not mine. The retailer I used just bounces you straight to Corsair - so the RMA goes to California instead of Manchester (significant difference in time, plus retailer supposed to cover carraige costs) which technically isn't legal.

But when we get the good stuff back my bad temper asbout them will probably dissipate.

Thanks for your assistance though!

Archived