Corsair Community

Problem with my Force 3 120 GB after flashing motherboard

lord_nisse

Hi.

Yesterday i flashed my motherboard (MSI Z68A-GD55 G3 REV B3) and after that I got a bluescreen when I tried to start windows (windows 7 64). Got a bluescreen everytime so after awhile I formatted the SSD and reinstalled windows. After that windows started correctly.

After I've installed eveything again I did a benchmark test on my SSD and noticed that the speed wasnt as high as it should be so I started to look in this forum and found out about achi. I enabeld achi in bios and then I got the same bluescreen again. I set it back to ide and windows started correctly.

So my question is what do I do? I would really like to have the same speed as I had before flshing the motherboard. Please help.

Hi.

Yesterday i flashed my motherboard (MSI Z68A-GD55 G3 REV B3) and after that I got a bluescreen when I tried to start windows (windows 7 64). Got a bluescreen everytime so after awhile I formatted the SSD and reinstalled windows. After that windows started correctly.

After I've installed eveything again I did a benchmark test on my SSD and noticed that the speed wasnt as high as it should be so I started to look in this forum and found out about achi. I enabeld achi in bios and then I got the same bluescreen again. I set it back to ide and windows started correctly.

So my question is what do I do? I would really like to have the same speed as I had before flshing the motherboard. Please help.

When you flashed your UEFI/BIOS, all it's setting were reset to default values, including the SATA mode. What is strange is that on new boards like yours, AHCI is usually the default SATA mode. It seems that in your case the SATA mode after the flash was not AHCI, so when you booted the AHCI driver was replaced, and you were in IDE mode.

The link that Garvin posted provides instructions for changing to AHCI mode.

You should probably do the following.

Secure erase the SSD (HOW TO GUIDE in HOW TO SECTION)

Clean install of Windows with the controller set to AHCI mode.

Add most recent controller driver

Will try this after work. Does it matter if the controller was set to ide when installing windows and then changed to AHCI?

So I tried to reinstall windows and I got the same results from AS SSD. But I the tried ATTO as suggested and got the results in the attachement. Does this mean that I get full speed from my SSD? If so its very strange that all the other benchmarks sre showing less speed than before the flashing of the motherboard.

806421541_Namnls.png.7907861eeeac006a210ff0ff2e00de44.png

So I tried to reinstall windows and I got the same results from AS SSD. But I the tried ATTO as suggested and got the results in the attachement. Does this mean that I get full speed from my SSD? If so its very strange that all the other benchmarks sre showing less speed than before the flashing of the motherboard.

The secure erase restored your drive to it's "new" state. All SSDs are faster when they are "clean" like this. We don't use AS SSD to validate our drives so I cannot comment on your result. If ATTO shows the correct speeds then yes, you are getting the full speed from your drive.

Archived