Corsair Community

CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9 question

flearider

ok where do i start ..

cant get this to run at 1866 tried everything .. set everything manual 9,10,9,27..

ecc off

1.5 to 1.6 v

Module Part Number

CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9 Platform Type

Motherboard Manufacturer

Asus Model

Crosshair V Formula

CPU

amd 1090t Power Supply

corsair 750tx Video Card

sapphire 5870 Operating System

win 7 Module Version

Memory settings by SPD or Manual?

SPD

memory will not run at 1866 keeps crashing system .. will work fine if set to 1600mhz .. mem test will only pick it up as 1600 ???

let the healing begin plz ..

Currently Responding to Message »

The CPU you have can only support up to max DDR3 1333 natively; therefore, there is a great chance that the system can't run the memory at 1866 or even 1600. We would suggest you to try running the RAM at DDR3 1600/1333 first. Thank you

the system is just fine @4.1 it's the ram that can't go any higher than 1600..

its got a triple and a double rad on it ek blocks ..max temp 42deg c

don't be silly your mem is faulty ..

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2088478

so will you replace it ??

funny thing about the uk we can post e-mails ...it's legal ..

the system runs fine you mem sucks ..

i'll just return it as faulty to where i got it from unless you will replace it ????

should have gone with g e i l or g s k i l l ...

shame as well

The CPU you have only supports DDR1333 so yes you will not be able to run the memory at DDR1866, you will need to over clock the CPU to memory higher than DDR1333.

lol .. really

seeing as the rog guys have got 1090t's to run with 2k mem stable then i must say it's the ram ..

i know all systems are not the same ..but being able to run 4.1 @1.38v makes the case a little stronger ..

just waiting for a rma number ..

lol .. really

seeing as the rog guys have got 1090t's to run with 2k mem stable then i must say it's the ram ..

i know all systems are not the same ..but being able to run 4.1 @1.38v makes the case a little stronger ..

just waiting for a rma number ..

They may be able to get 2k running but they are overclocking the processor to achieve this. There is no way to just set the memory frequency with AMD without playing with the rest of the CPU settings. That is what you are missing...

Maybe ask your ROG buddies to help you out with settings

They may be able to get 2k running but they are overclocking the processor to achieve this. There is no way to just set the memory frequency with AMD without playing with the rest of the CPU settings. That is what you are missing...

Maybe ask your ROG buddies to help you out with settings

so did we see the cpu-z report ..??

the system is overclocked and doing quiet well ..

i've had to put mem on 1587 to make it run ..if the mem was not faulty it would be running at close to 1866...

look at the voltage ..

move along now ...off to your little room

so did we see the cpu-z report ..??

the system is overclocked and doing quiet well ..

i've had to put mem on 1587 to make it run ..if the mem was not faulty it would be running at close to 1866...

look at the voltage ..

move along now ...off to your little room

You came here looking for answers.There is no need for disrespect here.

If memory is going to fail it will fail at any frequency. I really believe the problem lies in the strength of your memory controller, or lack there of.Or an unstable overclcok... Not the modules.

• Corsair Employees

flearider

The MB and CPU you have only supports DDR1333 and I personally not seen anyone running an AMD stable above DDR1700 and that was over clocking the CPU so what you are running at would be the highest O.C. I have seen with that combination. I have seen higher O.C.'s but that was with extreme cooling like Liquid Nitrogen.

flearider

The MB and CPU you have only supports DDR1333 and I personally not seen anyone running an AMD stable above DDR1700 and that was over clocking the CPU so what you are running at would be the highest O.C. I have seen with that combination. I have seen higher O.C.'s but that was with extreme cooling like Liquid Nitrogen.

any chance you watching this ?? corsair mem running at 1866+ speeds ..

and thats on a 1055...

no disrespect ment .. but this is why i choose corsair mem ..

there are many vids and forum posts out there for x6 running at over 1600mhz ..

Intel and AMD are in the exact same boat when it comes to memory controllers and their limitations. Some are really good and others are not. The one in that video is a great chip, but again it does not mean your individual chip is going to perform the same. No matter the voltage or BIOS settings.

I have a I7 920 , there are plenty of videos of them running 2k+ memory too. My CPU tops out at about 1700mhz. Thats just the way it is. No amount of tinkering is going to change that.

In the end it does not matter. You just wanted to rma your RAM, and thats fine. But There is nothing in your post to suggest any kind of memory problems. The fact that it runs fine at 1600 and not 1866 confirms this.

Try one module at a time and see if you can get either one of them to 1866 on their own.

Hi i allso have the same ram runnrig at 1878mhz

my set up

AMD 1090t

Crosshair V

6970 ati Card

8 GB Vengence

this is what i did

AMD 1090 @3756

muliplyer X16

bus speed 234

Vencenge 2X 4gbs @1878 9.10.9.27 2T

cpu/nb 1.2v

Dram 1.55

theres loads of info hereto help with ram timings overclocking

http://www.asusrog.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?117-Crosshair-Series-Motherboards

• 1 month later...

Archived