Corsair Community

CMX8GX3M4A1333C9 Faulty?

NTCosa

Memory - CMX8GX3M4A1333C9

Installed this 1333MHz 8GB (4x2GB) kit on my motherboard (Asus M4A88TD-V Evo/USB3)

it is running @ 669.6MHz and sometimes even 444MHz

ran Memtest with 1, 2, 3, and 4 modules and each module individually with 0 errors.

I have not overclocked or change any similar settings. System is all running default (Auto) in BIOS.

I have tried to force freq in BIOS to 1333 and lower around 1325 and still CPU-Z reports 444-669, so I went back to default settings.

Am I doing something wrong? Could my modules be faulty? I have also read in many places some RAM wont reach default frequencies dependent on the motherboard and how many modules you use. In other words, that I would have a better chance @ running 1333 with only 2 modules. However I have tried that and everything still results @ 444-669 randomly upon system restarts.

Then it would be registering 888mhz. But from what you have posted above that would suggest a MB problem. Corrupt BIOS, weak memory controller, ect. But not RAM related

If you do not already, i would make sure you have the latest BIOS and see if it makes any difference.

Then it would be registering 888mhz. But from what you have posted above that would suggest a MB problem. Corrupt BIOS, weak memory controller, ect. But not RAM related

If you do not already, i would make sure you have the latest BIOS and see if it makes any difference.

ill get everything up to date (if available) and post back tonight or in the early AM - thanks for the insight

updated BIOS - still having the same issue.

called ASUS ran some diagnostics on my mobo and everything checks out OK

when I went to test diagnostics with 1 module at a time I noticed the heat spreader/shield on my XMS was splitting off - 2 modules have shields spreading out from the middle - needless to say its not normal. could this have been an issue and caused something to intermittently fail? will it create a larger problem if I continue to use them? After noticing, I have been logging on my laptop instead but I need my desktop for many other applications.

Should I RMA these modules because of this new issue?

Pictures attached

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/759/19758541.jpghttp://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2905/55491554.jpg

Archived