Corsair Community

running H100 fans on separate fan controller

skates

I bump this for you has I'm interested in a separate controller my self?

Much appreciated. Would be nice if someone could comment on this. I read one thread a while back that said this was not advisable, but I don't know why that would be. I just want the fans going full speed and the pump as well when gaming regardless of CPU temps.

I found this and he seems happy using a outside controller....

"hey guys just thought I would drop in a note, I bought 4 R4's

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835103060

and set them up in push pull hooked to the H100 cpu block. After about 2 weeks of testing , prime 95 and such, I started to get a burning plastic smell during idle operation. I found that hooked my fans up to my Kaze master pro and increased the rpm's to around 900 (they seemed to be running really slow before), smell ceased. I'm currently running them at about 1200 rpm, system is very quiet and runs about 40c under game load, max about 60 in prime so I don’t think ill just stay happy "

In fact I ordered that same fan controller, hopefully someone else will chime in?

I'm not quite sure what he was saying and the link is bad. Was he saying that his fan controller was faulty or running the fans too slow was burning the motor on the fans and so once he increased the RPM all was good? I think my only concern is having the pump go at full speed along with the fans long term is the only concern.

By the way, I bought 4 120MM x 12MM thick fans for push/pull and I get really good temps. They run at 2K RPM and push 45.5CFM of air. My idle temps are anywhere from 24 to 29c on an i5 2500K running pretty much stock speeds.

I'm not quite sure what he was saying and the link is bad. Was he saying that his fan controller was faulty or running the fans too slow was burning the motor on the fans and so once he increased the RPM all was good? I think my only concern is having the pump go at full speed along with the fans long term is the only concern.

By the way, I bought 4 120MM x 12MM thick fans for push/pull and I get really good temps. They run at 2K RPM and push 45.5CFM of air. My idle temps are anywhere from 24 to 29c on an i5 2500K running pretty much stock speeds.

I could be wrong but I think the pump runs at 2000 rpm's all the time and the controller only runs the speed of the fans...if I'm way off base please let me know???????

Archived