Corsair Community

New System Boot Issues

g_mans_here

I have three TR3X6G2000C8GT memory sticks. I have yet to get it to power up correctly, or should I say what I expect to be correct as I have no experiance with this. I pulled all three memory sticks out of my motherboard and tried to power up. It would not as it continued to cycle trying to boot then shutting down and trying to reboot again. I tried each of my three memory sticks one at a time in the first slot and consistently got the same results from all three. The system would come up with several codes on the digital display then settle on code 68. Code 68 is defined in my book as reserved but contacting the motherboard manufactuer (Evga 760 SLI classified), they stated that it is a memory issue. My red LED on my video card would change from red to green (first time that has happened). Then the system would shut down and try a reboot again with the exact same results. All three memory sticks are Corsair TR3X6G2000C8GT 8-8-8-24. Do I have compatibility issues or are all three sticks defective? This is my first build and I have not loaded any bios or other software as yet. I find it hard to believe all three have failed in the same manner but I suppose that is a possibility.

Thanks In Advance,

Gary

Thank you for that input FS and it was a good next step. I tried that and it puts me back where I was when I contacted Evga support. The system powers up, but does not go into a run mode. My video card (Geforce GTX 295 H2OC) will not allow the power LED to go green. It stays red, it does not want cycle through and attempt to repeatedly reboot though.

• Corsair Employees
Did you try that with only one module installed and it did that same symptom with any of the modules? If so I would call EVGA back and see if they can test the MB for you as it would be close to impossible that all of the modules have failed in the exact same manor.

Archived