Corsair Community

How long are the hoses on H100?

PabzOr545

As the title asks, how long are the hoses on the H100?

I am considering upgrading from my H60 to the H100 but my mounting will not in the conventional spot and will be 10 inches away from the estimated area it would sit on the cpu block to the radiator.

Or should I wait until the kinks of the H100 are worked out? It appears a lot of people are having problems with them.

Well! I'm still at work but I decided to just take a look at that case. The way the front twofans would be mounted along with the door.. I just honestly can't see how a radiator would work in that location. The amount of air flow needed would be quiet a lot depending on the actual processor and what your intending to do with the system. Another problem I can foresee is the front drive bays the radiator is roughly the same thickness as the fans combine with that the pump head isn't able to detach I don't see you getting past the drive bays. I'm currently using my system in a push pull setup, you will find that the fans that come with the h100 are fairly loud, I also noticed this case was supposed to be quiet? have you already purchased the case?

On the other hand you might want to look at something like the H80 it's kinda thick but I believe in your particular case it will be cooler to run than than a restricted airflow h100... That said I don't know how thick it is in comparison to your case or if you could mount the h80 on the exhaust

I forgot to mention. I removed the drive bays completely so there should be PLENTY of room for a push pull and I even measured and can fit some shrouds if I get a radiator under 45mm thick. My system only uses a single SSD for storage as it is purely a gaming machine so I will have no problem mounting the SSD either in one of the 5 1/4 bays or behind the motherboard tray.

There is 276 mm from top to bottom where I am planning on mounting the radiator. It should be just enough room.. I also did some modifications to the front "fan bays" and to the chassis itself, so the dual 120's can sit right against eachother, instead of having a 1cm gap inbetween, which would not work for a 240mm rad.

Yes I have already purchased the case. I have some extra fans kickin(gelid wing and fractal design) around here I am going to try out several different configurations...... if I can get the H100 in there. I originally planned on going custom loop watercooling but I get really good temps with my H60 so I figured the H100 would give me even better temps. I like the price and simplicity of the H100 a lot. Looks like I might be going custom loop after all. :(

On the other hand you might want to look at something like the H80 it's kinda thick but I believe in your particular case it will be cooler to run than than a restricted airflow h100... That said I don't know how thick it is in comparison to your case or if you could mount the h80 on the exhaust

I do not like the h80 and will not use it simply for aesthetic reasons.

On a side note, if you are going to measure them when you get home, can you estimate how far you think you can effectively mount the H100 away from the cpu? I understand what you mean, the hoses don't come straight out of the block into the processor, there are elbows in the way. And there will be components in the way like RAM and video cards.

Thanks a bunch :)

Well, I gave it a lot of thought yesterday. I just don't see how it's going to work if you plan On any kind of overclock or hot chip. you would have to remove the drive bays and run the hoses across the ram like you mentioned you might need a rivet gun or a drill for the bottom bay? Im not sure how they are mounted. The radiator will not fit with the fans without the bay being removed then where will you mount your hard drive? Without the bottom intake I dont see your case getting much air over the graphics card... Then you would have to relocate the drive bay. It's not going to be very cool without the door open anyways the way you plan on using it might work with a lot of modification but for a 100 cooler I think you would have better luck with a h80 mounted to the front unplaced of the top drive bay... http://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/1088491-h100-sff-build.html

Nice. Thanks for the posts. That pictures shows there should be more then enough hose length. Regardless of what they recommend on OC.net I am going to try it. Especially the advice is coming from a know-it-all with 5k posts. I highly doubt he has experience with these part combinations. His words seem like speculation to me.

Ive already made the case mods anyways so there is no going back lol. I removed both of the HDD cages. Top one comes off and the bottom one I had to drill out a few rivets. I also had to hit the front of the chassis and the fan holders with a dremel so the fans will sit side by side instead of with a 1cm gap. I only run my machine off a single SSD. It is for gaming and web browsing only. Mounting it should be no problem. There is plenty of room in behind the motherboard tray or above my optical drive to mount the SSD or even in one of the 5 1/4 inch bays.

If the h100 does have cooling issues and not able to drawin in enough air, I guess I will have to search for another mATX that will support either an h100 or custom loop. Thanks a bunch though the picture shows me what I need to know. :)

The bottom line is the H100's hoses are the same length as the H60's. Measuring the hoses just by the corrugated portion end to end, is 10.75 inches. I have an unmounted H100 and measured it with the hoses in a straight line. They are usually quoted as being ~11 - 12 inches long.

I had it mounted in a case with a mother board that has the CPU socket located rather high up on the board. There was only ~5 - 6 inches between the center of the CPU and top of the case. The radiator was mounted on the top panel of the case, inside the case. Pump was mounted with the hoses at the bottom. The hoses were rather curved but certainly not kinked, and I would not have mounted it if I felt it was stressed in any way. About two inches closer would be my limit for bending the hoses, but I wouldn't like it. If you are going for appearance, I think it looks odd that way.

I just got home from picking one up locally for $99.99! I just check and the radiator fits nicely and there is plenty of hose length. I just have to drill 4 holes and get some longer 6-32 screws and it is ready for installation! I will have pics up likely tomorrow to show you.

*crosses fingers it will work well with this case*

if not I will just have to find another case :)

NZXT Vulcan maybe?

Here we go. I took this pic in the middle of the build last night. I didn't bother to take many other pics because my photography skills are that of a 4 year old with a polariod's.

Fits very very nicely. And to be honest I checked with the door open and closed, and there is the exact same amount of air flow. At least to my sensory perception.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa454/PabzOr/099.jpg

And a shot from to back to show off my cable management skillz which I pride myself in very much considering this is my 2nd build ever!

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa454/PabzOr/010.jpg

The SSD(s) will either be mounted with a 5 1/4" drive bay adapter or on the floor of the case. I was thinking of trying to make a small SSD rack that could potentially mount on the floor of the case where there is room for a 120mm fan.

Those are decent pics, not bad. The mounting of the radiator in front looks very clean, and the hoses were just long enough. I'm assuming the fans are pushing air into the case?

You can mount your SSD just about anywhere. I've seen SSDs mounted on the internal back panel where the cables are mounted and hidden.

A FYI for you, which may not make any difference. In the second picture of your cable management, you can see the H100's backplate. The backplate may not be in the correct position. Notice on the CPU sockets backplate, there are two rivet or screw heads at the top. If you look closely at the H100's backplate, there is an area that is specifically cut out to fit below the two rivets. In the picture that area is at the right (east) edge of the H100's backplate, as you have it currently mounted. That edge should be at the top (north) to fit perfectly on top of the CPU socket backplate. I have a socket 1155 board with the same socket, and the Corsair backplate is shaped to fit flat on the CPU socket backplate when that edge is lined up with the rivets.

But, I don't know if changing the backplates orientation will make any difference.

Those are decent pics, not bad. The mounting of the radiator in front looks very clean, and the hoses were just long enough. I'm assuming the fans are pushing air into the case?

You can mount your SSD just about anywhere. I've seen SSDs mounted on the internal back panel where the cables are mounted and hidden.

A FYI for you, which may not make any difference. In the second picture of your cable management, you can see the H100's backplate. The backplate may not be in the correct position. Notice on the CPU sockets backplate, there are two rivet or screw heads at the top. If you look closely at the H100's backplate, there is an area that is specifically cut out to fit below the two rivets. In the picture that area is at the right (east) edge of the H100's backplate, as you have it currently mounted. That edge should be at the top (north) to fit perfectly on top of the CPU socket backplate. I have a socket 1155 board with the same socket, and the Corsair backplate is shaped to fit flat on the CPU socket backplate when that edge is lined up with the rivets.

But, I don't know if changing the backplates orientation will make any difference.

Oh wow you are right. I never noticed that and I wondered why it was giving me a bit of a hard time to install. The plate and the cpu block are fully secure, do you think I should re-mount it? I think maybe I should. You've got a good eye!

And yes, the H100 is pushing fresh air into the case.

That's easy to miss, for some reason that notched area just blends in and you don't see it. Sorry for making you worry about it now... :confused:

Your mounting is probably fine, as long as the pump is not loose. Changing it will mean a fresh TIM application, since you must remove the standoffs to move the backplate. Since you're likely a perfectionist like I am, you'll fix it (like I would) just... because. :sigh!:

Archived