Corsair Community

TX750W v2

WillRg

Hi,

I just purchased a TX750 v2 to power my 2600K @ 4.3, 560 Ti Superclocked SLI, 2 1TB HDDs and 2 Intel 40GB SSDs.

The PSU, power-wise, works great at powering my rig. However, when the fan on the PSU ramps up under load, it emits a buzzing noise. I'm pretty sure it's the fan and not the actual PSU. I saw a suggestion on here to loosen the grill 1/4 of a turn but that didn't work. It got a little quieter but still annoying. It's loud enough to be heard over two screaming 560 Ti's... Should I return it to Amazon or just RMA it?

Will a 650TX be sufficient while repairing/replacing the TX750 v2?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the bump... Guess I'll just go ahead and RMA with Corsair. The noise is starting to come more and more often... It's definitely the fan... Upon further research, TX650 probably isn't enough juice for my setup, so I'll just take out one of the 560s during the RMA process.

Also when you call them, MAKE sure you request a NEW product and not refurbished one (that's if you bought your new power supply within couple weeks)

A question about your statement, do you mean that when RMAing an older PS, a refurbished unit is usually sent rather than a new one? Have you experienced that yourself?

• 2 months later...
A question about your statement, do you mean that when RMAing an older PS, a refurbished unit is usually sent rather than a new one? Have you experienced that yourself?

Sorry for late response, and yes two times. I RMA'ed my old PS, and got refurbished, I can see the scratches on the PS itself and it had very loud fan. I asked for another replacement, and got much quieter PS but this time it smelled bad and I can see that it was used because all wires were bent and worn out from use. My 2 year original PS was in a lot better condition. I just decided to keep it because I got tired of waiting for replacements and taking everything out of my case (I have to remove my CPU cooler since it is really big in order to remove my power supply).

Right now I can hear that the fan on the PS is the loudest fan in my case. I've read here on forums and it appears to be a lot louder than older style power supplys.

Archived