Corsair Community

2gigs of Corsair TWINX1024-3200XL for athlon 64?

kris928

I am building a new athlon 64 system, and I was planning on using 2gigs of corsair ram. I've heard good things about the TWINX1024-3200XL but I want to make sure that if I use two sticks of it I will still see the same benefits? I am going to go with either a asus A8V Delux mother board or a nVidia nForce3-250 (which I heard was better for overclocking). I have a liquid cooling system that I will use as well. I'm interested in how the ram will work with this system no OC and how well it will work when I overclock. Planned Specs AMD 64 FX53 processor Radeon X800 xt graphics card 2 gigs TWINX1024-3200XL ram koolance case and liquid cooling system 2x74gb western digital sata drives Thermaltake W0023 Silent PurePower 560W Thanks!

As i heard overclocking stage is still too earliy for amd64. I think there only a 200mhz overclock at the moment with that cpu. Maybe later when there release so proper mobo for o/c. Unless your getting a 939 version of fx53 which is able these pc3200xl.

• Corsair Employees
Twinx sets are only guaranteed at the tested settings with one set! If you want to run with 2 sets of modules I would suggest Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts! If you have problems, I would try Cass 3-3-3-8!

Are you referring to two 1024 meg modules? Such as the TWINX2048-3200PT? Where would I find this with the 2.5 - 3 -3-7 timings? Would I be better off with 2x1gig modules or 4x256? Also, this computer will be used for gaming and game development so I want it to be stable. Is ecc memory worth the extra money, will I notice a difference in a 8 hour programming session? (not ever going to be running my computer as a server or doing computation for more than 8 hours). Thanks Kris

Archived