Corsair Community

Vengeance 1500 Questions

Zealotki11er

I have a Gigabyte Z68-UD4 and will be using on-board sound card because my PCIE GPUs (Triple Slot) Take all the spaces. Now my questions are.

1) Does the 1500 on-board sound card via USB better? or should i stick to 1300?

2) The sides of the 1500 look like they are made of some kind of metal or just painted plastic like 1300 (Asking Durability wise because my old headphones which i am replacing broke there.

3) The cushion in 1500 looks like sloth and 1300 has leather? I prefer leather so is there a way to get some for 1500 or the other way around.

Thanks.

~ Zealotki11er @ OCN

I will leave #1 and #3 to those who know better than I, but the answer to #2 is that it is Magnesium. It is the metal that people often mistake for plastic. It almost feels like plastic, except that it absorbs more heat if you press a finger to it than plastic would.

As for durability, I think you will be fine so long as you are gentle. If you need something to wear while wrestling with some rowdy friends you may be better off elsewhere, but the HS1/1500s are pretty solid and reliable so far for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Let me get this straight you say the Mic is broke because you cannot eat while you are gaming? is that correct?

I really wish I could agree with you in your question, but the fact is that I didn't say that they were broken in any previous post.

If the Vengeance 1500 was created in such a way that any sort of vibration from the headset frame (wherein the headset frame encompasses all other parts except the microphone and the cable which connects the microphone to the headset) should not be transferred to the microphone, then yes, this headset is, in the words that you have described, "broken".

Hilarious I agree. Seriously, if people have problems with speak to activate activating a mic they should just make the mic less sensitive a little bit. Problem solved.

Yes, it was rather hilarious when RAMGUY thought that the headphones were broken because I couldn't eat with them on, so I've posted some more helpful feedback for RAMGUY.

I tried to adjust sensitivity settings but that isn't a viable option. This is because with the sensitivity set, I can activate the mic with a level as low as 7 in my Ventrilo software. The vibration which I am talking about (just moving my head/moving my mouth, etc.) makes the signal detection from the microphone in excess of 100-300. So, if it was the other way around, sure, I could increase the starting point of voice activation. Perhaps I just have a faulty pair of 1500s. I don't see anyone speaking of the same issues. I will attempt an RMA.

I see what you are saying. The solution I see is to bind a key in Ventrilo so you are operating on the push to talk feature.

Like hell. The solution is for Corsair to design and build its headsets properly. Voice activation not working propely is a deal killer for lots of people, myself included.

• 1 month later...

I was having issues with the vent voice activation being real wacky similar to this and have found a fix for it on widows 7.

When using the monitor to set the sensitivity the the mic would read absZero and this seemed to make the actual activation when speaking abruptly start and fall off inconsistently.

I went into the preferences of the recording device ( right click on the volume control on the task bar and select recording devices )

On the enhancements tab there is a check box that I enabled ( for the life of me I cannot remember here at work but will update when I get home ) that fixed my problems with vent voice activation. the Mic works splendidly now and I am very happy with the head set.

Archived