i already have 1 kit installed 8gigs but i want to have 16gigs

will this work

my pc specs

asus m5a99x evo bios 810

Cmx8gx3m2a1333c9 4+4 = 8gig kit

amd 965 c3

******** enhanced ssd 60gig

asus 560ti direct cu 2

You can try what you want but Corsair does not suggest or support the mixing of two or more kits like that. Even two sets of the exact part number have a high chance of not working together. If you do get two sets to run together it would most likely be at 1066mhz or lower.

If you want 16 gig to run at rated speeds with no issues you must purchase a 16 gig kit so that all modules are matched with each other.

You can try what you want but Corsair does not suggest or support the mixing of two or more kits like that. Even two sets of the exact part number have a high chance of not working together. If you do get two sets to run together it would most likely be at 1066mhz or lower.

If you want 16 gig to run at rated speeds with no issues you must purchase a 16 gig kit so that all modules are matched with each other.

ok how about this CMX16GX3M4A1600C9 - 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair DDR3 XMS3 PC3-12800 (1600), Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 9-9-9-24, 1.5V

will this memory work ok with my processor

ok i looked around and after some looking i looked at my qvl for my mobo

CMX8GX3M2A1333C9

it says it supports this memory in all four dimms

4 DIMM: Supports 4 modules inserted into both the blue and black slots as two pairs of Dual-channel memory configuration

so its listed as working does that mean its safe to buy? (assuming its exactly the same kit with same timings)

Like i said earlier you should buy one single 16gig kit and NOT two 8gig kits.( Yes , even two kits of the same exact part number) Your MB QVL is just saying that it will suppoet 4gig modules in all slots. NOT just that kit number.

You are welcome to try what you like, but if/when the two kits do not work together you have nothing to fall back on. Corsair will only support one kit per MB. Meaning f you do buy the two 8 gig kits and they do not work together then your on your own.

please take the advice and buy a matched 16 gig kit. You will save yourself alot of trouble in the long run.

Archived