Corsair Community

Memory dump with socket 939 mb

eagle5441

I just built a brand new socket 939 system using the GA-K8NSNXP-939 and TWINX1024-3200XLPRO memory. About three or four times a day i get blue screen of death saying STOP: 0x00000024 (0x001902FA, 0xF7C6AB94, 0xF7C6A894, 0xF77123B8) ntfs.sys address F77123B8 at F76E7000 physical memory address dump.The gigabyte people seem to think it is the ram, however the bios wont see the hardrive sometimes after the blue screen of death (its Western digital WD740GD 10000 RPM SATA drive) Could i have set the ram settings in the bios to 2.7 volts (was 2.5) before and used the timings printed in the spec sheet for the ram (I had been suffering with this problem already and wanted to see if the tweaks would give me more stabilty, and this did not solve anything) I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this problem

By any chance does anyone with this problem have a creative audigy 2ZS platinium addition. The hardrive has been ruled out, mainly because it died. I replaced it with a known good hardrive and began installing again. Well there weren't any problems until i installed the sound card drivers. SO that leaves either the ram or the sound card.

i rma'd the whole system, gonna start again but with the XL memory this time. I disabled every on board feature as a troubleshooting attempt. my problem was definately a defect. i'll post my new findings when i receive everything back next week. system to be: asus a8v deluxe - 939 amd 64 fx-53 twinx1024-3200xlpro western dig. 74g raptor sata x800 xt enermax 600w thermaltake heatsink thermaltake case

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest you test the modules one at a time and for sure you should set the Dim voltage to +.2 volts! If you continue to have problems I would try and relax the timings and see if that helps! Try like Cass 2-3-2-6 with the Rass to Cass set to "3" and then test with www.memtest.org!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Wired']You would have to go into the BIOS.[/QUOTE] and then ? i go to my BIOS, but i cant find an option to view or edit the RAM timings or CAS settings.. all i can see is to adjust the DDR voltage, which i will change it from AUTO into +.2V (as RAM GUY suggested)

• Corsair Employees
Please check the user manual, I am sorry but I have not tested this MB as of yet! However, with Giga-Byte I think you have to hit CNTRL + F1 at the main bios screen to reveal the hidden menus!

• Corsair Employees
Please use this as a reference: CPU Freq: 200 MHz Dim Voltage: 2.75 Volts DRAM Clock: 200 MHz SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

[quote name='RAM GUY']Dim Voltage: 2.75 Volts DRAM Clock: 200 MHz [/QUOTE] is Dim Voltage changed to 2.75Volts means DDR Voltage controle = +.2 ? if not, where to changed this? and DRAM clock into 200 Mhz, is this mean the current or max DRam clock? cos, my MB's BIOS, have current clock on 200Mhz and the Max Dram clock on Auto(but i can change it into 200Mhz) thanks again..

• Corsair Employees
With Giga-Byte I think the setting is listed as Dim over Voltage control and the setting would be +.2 Volts! The Dram Clock would be translated as follows! DDR400 = 200 MHz on the actual clock frequency! However, some MB makers list it as the DDR frequency not the actual clock frequency! So please check your user manual!

hi RAM guy, after i used the timings you suggested, im still having the problems(blue crash) i used your recommended timings (2-3-2-6) and i also used (2-2-2-5) and also (2-2-2-6) and all been tested with +.2 Volts im still having the problems all day long.. (abour 10-15times aday now!) is there anything i can do next RAM guy? thanks

Archived