Corsair Community

Just got SP2500 - hmmm

firehawk

Hi.

I have had a logistics 7.1 speaker set I got about 2 years ago but just started to give a buzz/hmm noise. I have only ever had 3 speakers connected to it for my desktop system.

So, the sound quality was good, but not as good as my 13 year old Creative 2 speakers!

I am a music enthusiast (and a producer).

Now playing music on these new speakers (adjusting the different profiles too) doesnt seem all that "great".

I've heard all the hype and hence why I dished out for these speakers (on my bday!) and gotta say.... its not crystal clear like the logistics....

how can I turn up the treble and bass? is there a way to EQ rather than just using the set profiles?

• Corsair Employees
That would all be done in the Audio device you have connected but in the user control pod you can make some adjustments to Volume of the Sub and Main Volume. What sound device is it connected to? And if you had a BUZZ in your system with the previous speakers it is likely not the speakers. Can you test them on another system?

Thanks for your response.

The logitech speakers which were causing the buzz sound recently was DEFINATELY the speakers. I had tested it with another pair and there were no issues with the other pair (and even the SP2500).

The sound device it is connected to is my soundcard, which is a creative labs card (cant remember exactly the model) but its a decent card. like I said - the source is good (audio file) and the other sets of speakers were a little better quality than what im getting now.

could you explain how to get the bass up and the trebles adjusted?

edit: ok, so thanks for the subwoofer settings tip - did that.... but still not quite there but has made a better difference than before

as for the treble and other audio/EQ settings - I dont wish for them to be modified by the soundcards own software.... if it played good on the other speakers, I expect it to be the same at least :)

edit: ok, so thanks for the subwoofer settings tip - did that.... but still not quite there but has made a better difference than before

as for the treble and other audio/EQ settings - I dont wish for them to be modified by the soundcards own software.... if it played good on the other speakers, I expect it to be the same at least :)

I wouldn't compare the speakers because they are entirely different with the design philosophy.

Archived