Corsair Community

Maximus IV Extreme Z - Dominator Options ?

Mizpah

Hi Folks,

I currently have the above Mobo, with a 16GB CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 Vengance kit on a fully water cooled board.

Whereas it runs fine at stock (v.stable), it seems to be that the memory is holding back the overall system overclock (CPU is confirmed to do 4.8+ in another system).

I am trying to juggle overclocking potential, and memory needs (I actually use 16 GB for work related apps, as such I am using all banks).

As the system is cooled with EK blocks I am looking at the dominator wc ram block to finish the system off. This leaves me with the following queries:

Which Dominator memory would you recommend, in a 16GB kit to target higher memory speeds with a stable OC's ? I am looking to improve on the 1600 baseline my Vengance has!

What are the OC expectations on the Vengeance in 16GB form on my board ? (as opposed to stock). Currently any oc (volts or timings) leads to instability.

Can the heat spreaders be removed from the vengance to use with the EK Dominator WC blocks ? (assuming a better OC can be achieved)

Thanks in advance!

Mizpah

http://www2.corsair.com/configurator/product_results.aspx?id=2307144 for Dominator and other flavors.

CMP16GX3M4A1333C9 has removable fins for the addition of water blocks but its only 1333 ram. the approved 1600XMS kit does not.

no the heat spreaders cannot be removed within warranty and neither the XMS ram or the Vengeance kits have any way to attach the water block in question.

Many thanks Synthohol,

Am I reading that correctly in that CMP16GX3M4A1333C9 is the fasted compatible ram I can attach the block to ?

Thats a crying shame if so ^^ What would a reasonable expectation (well aware no promises here) be for that kit above 1333 ?

Cheers,

Mizpah

PS: I looked at the configurator, and it seemed to only suggest vengance!

Archived