Corsair Community

H60 fan problem

Samiro

Hi!

I just newly installed a corsair H60 water cooler for my cpu. I had hoped that this would decrease the noise level. But the back fan that sits with the radiator is running at max rpm all the time. And the noise level is actually worse than the stock cooler on the i7 920.

The cpu temps i get is:

38-40 Celsius @ idle

50-60 @ gaming Bf3 high resolution

Could anybody please help me fix this ? i have watched several videos of this cooling system but nothing has helped.

Pc rig:

750w Power supply

12 gb ram, 1333mhz

Asus P6T SE Motherboard

Intel i7 920 @ 2.67 ghz

MSI 560 ti "Dual fan"

1 tb Western Digital green HDD

The thing on the cpu is connected to CPU_FAN, and the fan behind the radiator is connected to a standard fan output on the motherboard.

If the fan on the rad is connected to a standard MB fan header you should be able to throttle it back either in the BIOS or other fan controller software. Or you could just replace the fan with a quieter one.

You also have the option to submit an RMA and in the comments section you can request a replacement fan.

I have asked the company where i bought my PSU, they said that it may be something wrong with it, cause it gets very hot while gaming.

Because of the PSU, the elements around it also get hot. My CPU is @ 70C while gaming BF3.

Hi!

I just newly installed a corsair H60 water cooler for my cpu. I had hoped that this would decrease the noise level. But the back fan that sits with the radiator is running at max rpm all the time. And the noise level is actually worse than the stock cooler on the i7 920.

The cpu temps i get is:

38-40 Celsius @ idle

50-60 @ gaming Bf3 high resolution

Could anybody please help me fix this ? i have watched several videos of this cooling system but nothing has helped.

Pc rig:

750w Power supply

12 gb ram, 1333mhz

Asus P6T SE Motherboard

Intel i7 920 @ 2.67 ghz

MSI 560 ti "Dual fan"

1 tb ******** green HDD

The thing on the cpu is connected to CPU_FAN, and the fan behind the radiator is connected to a standard fan output on the motherboard.

It sounds like you have two things connected not quite right. The H60's fan, a four pin PWM controlled model, must be connected to the four pin CPU Fan connector on the mother board. That fan connector will vary the fans speed depending upon the CPU's temperature. You must also select a CPU fan speed profile in the fan control software supplied with your mother board. Those setting can usually be selected in the BIOS as well.

Next, the three pin fan connector from the H60's pump, should be connected to a three pin fan header on your mother board. If one of those headers is named POWER/PWR Fan, that is the one to use, as it will supply full power to the pump at all times, which is how the pump must be powered.

Finally, check the mounting of your H60's pump, some boards have parts very close to the CPU, and the pumps case might touch them and cause the copper plate on the pump to have a poor connection with the CPU. That would cause poor cooling.

• 2 weeks later...
What did you do to configure the CPU fan speed, BIOS settings or Fan Expert, which I assume is available for your ASUS board. Fan Expert has several profiles for changing the fan speed depending on temperature and how quiet you'd like the CPU cooler to be. It sounds like the H60's fan is running at a high speed all the time, which is not necessary. I use H60's, and when set correctly they are quiet at idle and low loads. What is the CPU Fan speed when you are in Windows? Otherwise, what are you using to configure the CPU fan's speed?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived