Corsair Community

corsair gs800 blow up:(

CYXAPb

hello all

recently i got all parts for my new build from dabs.com ( dabs.ie )

1 Asus P8Z68-V PRO LGA1155 Intel Z68 DDR3 ATX (USB 3.0)

2 Corsair Memory 800W Gaming Series GS800 High Performance 80 PLUS® Certified PSU

3 Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3 7200rpm SATA 3Gb/s 32MB

4 Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40GHz LGA1155 8MB

5 Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL9 XMP

6 EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 900MHz 2GB PCI-E HDMI

7 LG Electronics 10x BD-RW SATA Lightscribe Internal Drive - Full Retail Kit

8 Antec 900 Nine Hundred Ultimate Gamer Case (Black)

9 antistatic hand wrap(dont remember real name of this)

now the real problems

Assemble everything neatly, without any errors, enabled everything worked and then started

first hdd in bios ok but when i try to install win7 hdd is not found.

install another hdd from my old laptop install Win 7 everything is OK (but samsung hdd not found) (connected to the USBadapter detected, make format, hdd was found connecting back to sata Same s *** t no HDD, disconnected undetected hhd).

go to work blah blah, when i came after work Turn on the PC, go to internet about 60 minutes maybe more 2h and the psu blow up(saw little spark and all electriciti in house go down!!!!!!!!!!! psu brand new (worked only 3h :( )

now i afraid that mobo or video card or ram go down too?

why?

The same happened with AX650, which is history now, all parts are OK. Based on my experience you system should be fine. I thought that the two hdd were damaged, but after more testing they are fine.

If you psu, only if, damaged other components Corsair will pay the parts. I received a list of the components Corsair will pay for, (USA Corsair RMA), Europe RMA, its been three weeks since I contact them and nothing. Anyway, I do not need them anymore, I hope!

HELLO I NOW TRYING to send to dabs.ie

i wana ask if posible

can this psu fried up mobo and other parts? because then i will stuck on the big bill? (so far i only know that hdd was not damaget but all other parts no where to test!) ps sorry for my english

I had an older Tagan PSU recently die on me with a spark due to my new components putting too much of a load on it, and nothing was harmed, everything worked out fine when i put my new, extremely sexy ax750 onto them =)

Archived