Corsair Community

2.5 CAS with TwinX1024-3200XLPRO

HK sends

Hi, I just won some 1GB TwinX1024-3200XLPRO memory in a contest (Thanks Tweaktown!). When I installed the modules in my Abit IC-7G and used the SPD setting, the bios showed my CAS latency as 2.5, not 2. I was wondering if this is normal (I gather from the reviews I have read that it is not). My voltage is set at default, not 2.75 (my bios only gives me the option of 2.7 or 2.8). Will raising the voltage alter the SPD setting? I was able to manually lower my CAS to 2 at default voltage, but I was under the impression that I shouldn't have to adjust settings. I'm sorry if this is a noob question, but thanks for any help you can give. -HK sends P.S. My bios is current

I had the same issue with exactly the same mobo/ram combo. If you set the voltage to 2.8, everything is well and it picks it up at the 2-2-2-5 settings, although i have put the settings in manually anyway just to be sure.

Well, I bumped up the voltage gradually to 2.8 but the motherboard never caught the CAS 2 timings on the SPD. I even tried using the game accelerator settings in the bios (leaving the memory set to "SPD") and was able to get the system to boot in "F1" mode (I could never do that with my old Corsair PC3200 2-6-3-2 memory), but it wasn't stable. I finally set the CAS timing in the bios manually with the game accelerator set to "Auto". My voltage is set to 2.6. The bios shows the voltage as being a little low for the setting (setting the voltage at 2.6 actually gives me 2.57). To make a short story long, I am running the memory at 2-5-2-2 and 2.6v and it is stable. I really do seem to notice a difference. Thanks for the advice, -HK sends

Archived