Corsair Community

BSOD and freeze : Memtest86+ reliable and necessary

momosala

Dear friends,

I have important news to convey to you.

I had daily and random BSOD with stop error variables entitled MEMORY MANAGEMENT 1A, F8, ...

I checked my memory modules repeatedly with the tool built into my motherboard bios and the tool built into Windows 7. No error was reported.

I thought it was my SSD (O... Vertex 3, C...M4). I have updated their firmware. This has changed the appearance of the BSOD without making them disappear.

I thought it was the voltage of the memory modules that do not correspond to that indicated by the manufacturer of the kit memory. I applied the appropriate voltage and this has reduced the BSOD without making them disappear.

By visiting the Corsair site, it was recommended to test the memory with MemTest86+.

I downloaded and burned the ISO image of Memtest86 2.20 (latest version).

I tested separatly my memory modules 4GBx2 Kit (3 pass): 1 module was healthy, and 1 module with thousands of errors.

By removing the offending module, I have no BSOD.

I await the acceptance of the RMA from Corsair.

So do not trust any memory test utility.

Memory test utilites of Windows 7 and of Motherboard bios are not reliable. They reassure you unjustly on the state of your memory modules.

I advise all those who have BSOD to test their memory modules with Memtest86+ (latest version).

It is likely that among the BSOD attributed to the SSD, the CPU or the motherboard, there are memory problems that are not correctly detected.

So do not trust any memory test utility.

Memory test utilites of Windows 7 and of Motherboard bios are not reliable. They reassure you unjustly on the state of your memory modules.

I advise all those who have BSOD to test their memory modules with Memtest86+ (latest version).

yuppers!!!

Archived