Corsair Community

HS1 USB Headset Low frequency distortion

VoltagePC

I recently purchased the HS1 USB headset just over a week ago. I installed the drivers on the CD that came in the packaging. Today I noticed an increasing rattling noise while watching movies in the left ear cup. Never coming close to maxing out the volume when using both the Dolby Headphone setting and 7.1 virtual surround turned on.

I have since tried turning up the audio quality through windows 7 in the properties and advanced settings to studio quality with no luck. Reinstalled the disk driver. Installed the latest version 1.1 drivers. Mind you restarting with each install and uninstall. I have tried multiple USB slots both in front of the case and also the back USB 2.0 ports. I will be testing a laptop when available tomorrow to see if I get the same results.

A frequency sweep shows most of the distortion between 30Hz-120Hz with a less audible degradation extending down to 20Hz. I have also tested with another headset to make sure it is not the source material making this distortion, which it is not.

I was wondering how to return this item. I purchased it online but the packaging specifically states not to return it to the seller. I either want to get a better replacement or some other brand. Thank you for your time.

• Corsair Employees

Did you try the latest driver that is posted under Tech specs? Be sure to uninstall the old driver and restart before installing the new one.

And if you want to return them for credit that would have to be with your reseller, otherwise, if the new driver does not solve it then we can replace them under RMA if you like. Please use the link on the left and request an RMA!

Yes, I have tried the version 1.0 CD and also the 1.1 downloaded drivers. Is there any chance I could get them replaced with the Vengeance 1500's through the RMA process? If not I will just return them to my online retailer and pay the difference with them.

The updated mic sounds interesting to me as the mic on the HS1 isn't the most amazing sounding to me, but adequate whereas the 1500's are updated in that area. Thank you.

Archived