Corsair Community

Case User Manuals Online?

bobcsr

You only get the fold out guide that comes with the case. Installing a motherboard and connecting all the generic connectors should be in your motherboard manual.

Was there something else you were after?

Well yes actually.

The rear chassis fan has a 3 pin connector, the closest 3 pin connector is in an awkward place on my MB, would have been nice to know so I could have bought a 3<-->4 pin adapter.

The front fans have both 3 pin connectors and a molex. Not using the molex means no power and no pretty lights. This isn't described in the manual at all (should have been).

The motherboard standoffs are all standoffs except for the top 3 which are stamped protrusions that don't require a "copper" standoff. This could have been mentioned in the manual.

Most of these things are easy to figure out once you have the case. However, it is trivial to put up a .pdf for the case manual and this would have let me put it in the folder with all the other manuals for the system I am building. :D:

Well yes actually.

The rear chassis fan has a 3 pin connector, the closest 3 pin connector is in an awkward place on my MB, would have been nice to know so I could have bought a 3<-->4 pin adapter.

Usually 3 pin is standard on most rear fans so they can be connected to the motherboard. The location of your 3 pin connector on your motherboard is another manufacturers issue.

The front fans have both 3 pin connectors and a molex. Not using the molex means no power and no pretty lights. This isn't described in the manual at all (should have been).

Doesn't really need to be described. It's rather obvious that power needs to be supplied there. Plug in a 12v molex and away you go!

The motherboard standoffs are all standoffs except for the top 3 which are stamped protrusions that don't require a "copper" standoff. This could have been mentioned in the manual.

Why? It's common sense. You see a raised area that would normally be where a standoff goes but has the same function. Hmmm, must be a standoff.

most of these things are easy to figure out once you have the case. However, it is trivial to put up a .pdf for the case manual and this would have let me put it in the folder with all the other manuals for the system I am building. :D:

I agree with you. It is trivial. Your words and not mine :sunglasse

But on a lighter note, and no disrespect to you, if you have ever built a computer before then most of this is obvious to work out. For those that are having troubles, then they should get a friend that has some knowledge and can teach you how to assemble a computer.

BTW - Most cases (Not All) don't come with instructions online or hardcopy.

Usually 3 pin is standard on most rear fans so they can be connected to the motherboard. The location of your 3 pin connector on your motherboard is another manufacturers issue.

Doesn't really need to be described. It's rather obvious that power needs to be supplied there. Plug in a 12v molex and away you go!

Why? It's common sense. You see a raised area that would normally be where a standoff goes but has the same function. Hmmm, must be a standoff.

I agree with you. It is trivial. Your words and not mine :sunglasse

But on a lighter note, and no disrespect to you, if you have ever built a computer before then most of this is obvious to work out. For those that are having troubles, then they should get a friend that has some knowledge and can teach you how to assemble a computer.

BTW - Most cases (Not All) don't come with instructions online or hardcopy.

What is the purpose of your response?

I am serious here, how does your post answer my question?

What is the purpose of your response?

I am serious here, how does your post answer my question?

I think my post answered it quite well.

It's a computer case. There are many like it. They all look similar and adopt similar features. Honestly, it's not hard to work out what the connectors do in a case.

There is no need for a full on manual or pdf that only maybe 2% of the users would need.

If my post still doesn't answer your question then let's get back to your original question.

Not that I expect a lot of information in them but are the manuals/installation guides online somewhere? I can't seem to find one for the 400R case....

Answer = No

I like the case very much. It is spacious and very well designed. However, the enclosed so called manual is not too helpful. I do not need to know that I have 8 screws in a packet printed in 3/8 inch letters. What I need to know is why the fan controller bunch of wires has a male molex? Since the PSU cable is also male molex one will need male to male molex adapter. Or is there a reason or something special about this power connection?

Furthermore, one sentence in the manual that for SSD mounting you need to remove one of the pins would be helpful as well.

What I would also like to know whether the hot-swap connection is SATA 3 or 6 Gb. Information like this should be in the manual.

These issues might be trivial for somebody who builds a computer a day. But for many of us building a computer once every couple of years we are careful with every step to make sure that we have the connections and will not damage expensive HW.

Thanks.

Archived