Corsair Community

Still having issues with 120GB Force 3 even after 1.3.3

ccondie

Hey Folks,

PC is still really unstable even after 1.3.3 update. I was having major issues with the SSD (Take it out and pc is stable.) followed the instructions after i updated the firmware to 1.3.2. changed to ACHI, secure erased with part magic, re installed win7 for the Nth time. Most recently just upped the PCH to 1.15V. But now seem to be crashing with increasing regularity. Do I still have options or should i call it a day with this drive? (already sent one back to the retailer.).

Any help appreciated, as I'm fed up reinstalling all my stuff!!

Cheers,

Chris

Mobo is msi z68a-gd80 (g3), using intel Sata port. Tried moving the disk too Marvell port, but then things went a bit wrong, got no OS installed on this drive MSG.

I also have two WD 250 hdd's in raid config. One failed this morning. Could a faulty drive have a knock on effect on the windows install?

Mobo is msi z68a-gd80 (g3), using intel Sata port. Tried moving the disk too Marvell port, but then things went a bit wrong, got no OS installed on this drive MSG.

I also have two WD 250 hdd's in raid config. One failed this morning. Could a faulty drive have a knock on effect on the windows install?

Just wondering if you have tried both the sata II or sata III intel port?

Okay, after a lot of ranting mainly at the pc case and monitor, I now seem to have a stable system. By stable I mean it's been working perfectly for the last 5days, which is one hellova lot longer than before.

What i did; Replaced my raid 0 config drives with a new single drive (one of the drives failed), formatted the ssd and reinstalled windows again. Everything seems to be okay.

All this was done with the ssd in a Sata III port.

Oh, I also threatened the ssd with returning it to the seller for a full refund. :)

Archived