Corsair Community

Chipped Sata Cable Conector Plug

garysgreat

Hello. During the installation of my new GS800 PSU I chipped off a bit of plastic on one of the sata power cable connectors plugs. Other than that, all is well and the unit appears to be working just fine and dandy.

My question is simple. Have I voided the warranty? I really hope not? This I suppose is a trivial matter but I want peace of mind, in case any issues arise in the future. Thanks for any assistance. Cheers

Gary

You haven't voided your warranty. It's possible there was a defect in the plastic on that connector. I doubt very highly that Corsair would call that a warranty-void issue.

It's interesting to see the differences in people's perspective on things. Gary is concerned about voiding his warranty due to a chip of plastic on one connector. Then another person puts an object into his PS while it was on to stop the fan, which then breaks, and he complains the PS is made poorly.

You have nothing to worry about, Gary.

I did say it was a trivial matter Parsec. I don't intend having to ever rma my PSU because I have found Corsair to be most reliable but if I did, I would hate it if I was told it was not covered because I'd broken/chipped a sata conector!

However If I'd stuck an object into the spinning fan and broken it, I would most definately have expected to have the warranty voided!!

OK then I like your answer. Cheers Sir.

No , no worries there! If you ever do end up having to replace a PSU , you ship just the unit back and not the cables anyway.

Hi. I had the same problem with part of a SATA power connector plug chipping off. I have the AX850, so all I needed was a replacement cable. Corsair support was top-notich. I filled out the RMA form, but they just went ahead and sent me a replacement cable.

I'm sure that Corsair will do the right thing by you.

I still have that original cable, but it isn't much good any longer.:D:

Archived