Corsair Community

H80 Installed on 650d what now with the extra fan?

Logun

I've installed my H80 in my 650 case and removed the stock exhaust fan on the case so I could use the two shipped fans.

What did you do with this now "extra" fan?

Depends on what you mean by extra fan.

If you mean the fan you removed to fit the H80 radiator and its 2 fans then you could use the one you removed elsewhere such as the top or the side of case as an extra exhaust fan.

You should fit the two H80 fans as intake fans in a push/pull configuration on each side of radiator for best results.

Yes I removed the rear case exhaust fan for the H80's radiator and two fans (set to exhaust out the back)

Now I have that stock fan kicking about. There is the 200 on the front and the 200 on top, no side grill to attach it to. I thought about trying to attach it to the back of the HDD cage to blow a little more air front to back over the GPU in the case but there is no easy attachment.

I suppose I could put a little double sided tape if I wanted to do that though?

I suppose I could put a little double sided tape if I wanted to do that though?

Zip ties are the best solution for strapping fans anywhere.

But, you don't have a box of orphaned PC parts? You gotta by kidding me! If you don't you better start one now, since until you do, you aren't a PC enthusiast. ;):

But, you don't have a box of orphaned PC parts? You gotta by kidding me! If you don't you better start one now, since until you do, you aren't a PC enthusiast.

Hehe, I've actually had to start giving some of mine away. Just running out of room to store all that stuff! :)

Archived