Corsair Community

2 Cpu

mos4567

You can install a "Y" connector and run both CPU's then another "Y" back to one line. Both cpu block's should be the same model for identical flow rate. You can only connect one thermister but you could also monitor both CPU's through your BIOS or another program such as MBM 5. the other way is to run the lines in series but that means the 2nd CPU gets the hotter coolant. Marc

using y adaptors to me is a real bad idea. For one the flow is 1/2 to both blocks. Two if there is a slight deviation in routing of the lines flow will follow the path of least resistance and one block will starve for coolant. i feel any "Y" conection is a real bad idea.

bluemagic, A person can regulate the flow with in-line valves that can reduce or increase the flow. Therefore, flow will equal out. Sure, this is another two parts added to the system, but not many PURCHASED water-cooling setups can cool two processors. Another user on this forum has done this with his dually Xeon system. Stev

you guys have more experiance in this feild than i do my experiance is in fuel and hydrolic systems and flow control isnt an exact science no matter what the engeneers say. but i do stand corected adding 2 flow control valves would give you the assurance you would need to get the job done

bluemagic, Having two flow control valves will help in a system that uses two IDENTICAL cold-blocks. This would be a no brainer job. However, if mos4567 were using two DIFFERENT cold-blocks in the setup, not only would he need the two flow control valves, but a thermistor reading on each. Some cold-blocks perform different with flow vs others. So using the same flow in/out will give different results on each. Isn't liquid-cooling fun?!? :biggrin: :eek: :D: :idea: :sunglasse :bigeyes: Stev

Archived