Corsair Community

New 600T SE Case Fan Noise Levels Unbearable

sexpot

Hi all,

I just bought a Corsair 600T SE and tried out the stock 200mm fans hooked up to the fan controller. On the lowest possible setting these fans drown out everything because they are so incredibly loud. Even with headphones on, playing music and bf3 I can still hear the 200mm case fans. These will definitely need upgrading to something more quiet. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks

Hello sexpot,

I have a graphite 600t, but with the uprated fans as fitted to the 600t SE thanks to Corsair kindly giving me a pair.

Whilst the front fan can be noisy/whiny when you ramp that up in rpm's, which unfortunately is a common trait to the 600t series due to the distance the fan is from the grill.

However, they're certainly not noisy enough to be heard over BF3 without earphones, let alone with them.

If they are that loud, then perhaps you have a defective fan?

As for changes, there you are limited. Corsair's stock fans are 200mm x 200mm x 20mm.

The 20mm width is the important number, as they are that thin to fit them in. You could add some 200mm x 200mm x 25mm/30mm fans, but you'd have to physically mod your new 600t!!

I'm a hardcore gamer among other things lol. Whilst the 600t can be quite noisy when you demand performance from it, with a noisy game like BC2 or BF3 going on, I can't hear my rig, and it's sat right next to my left foot!!!!!!

I also have a GTX 590 U/C dumping 50% of its warm air back into my 600t, so I require even more aggressive fan speeds than the average system to move that hot air out. But still, I can't say Corsair's fans are anywhere near as noisy as you are describing, just that annoying whine from the front 200mm fan!!!

I guess noise levels are subjective to each individual. I'm happy that you are content with your fans but I'm more sensitive to noise, and am looking to build a quiet pc. I just thought the built in fan controller would be able to silence all those fans. But I guess I was wrong. Kind of disappointed with this case as I also found the hdd trays were quite loose and would rattle. Was defitenitely not a snug fit like my other case.

• Corsair Employees
That is not normal I have the 650D which uses the same fans and its quiet on the low setting I can barely hear them. Please try the fans one at a time to be sure its not one of the fans is just bad and if it is please use the link on the left and request an RMA and explain its the fan and they can send you a new fan.

I plugged in a fan controller from another computer and it turns out the stock controller on the case doesn't go low enough. With my Lamptron FC6 lowest setting actually turns off the fan. Whereas the Corsair controller still churns that fan like a champ. :/ There is still a hum/buzz that's a result of the front grill. I'll have to cut that out once I get some time. Not happy that I have to take everything out while I dremel the grill out, don't want any residue from little metal shards causing problems.

• 2 years later...
Yep, there is definitely a resonant buzz on the any 200mm intake fan placed inside the 600T case, especially the front. I tried another fan brand and it is still there. I just used a pair of tin snips and clipped out the metal round holed mesh for the front fan. I tried moving the fan back a bit but there is no room but getting rid of the mesh completely solves the resonant noise. You can also just take a Phillips screwdriver and and break the mesh that way (messier but it works).

Archived