Corsair Community

2 Idiot Questions Re: Carbide 500R

G50EED

1) The fan switch -- which position is maximum and which is minimum (up or down)? Quite honestly I can't tell much of a difference.

2) How can I install my HDD (conventional; i.e., non-SSD) into one of the 5¼" bays so I can remove both of the HDD caddies for better airflow?

Thanks.

I got this and I could not be happier. Next mod is to replace the front cover with the extra Corsair front cover and it will be nice, not to mention the extra air intake :)

In regards to removing both HD cages... I understand removing them from the front intake, but you can always mount one near the PSU...

• 2 weeks later...

I found these brackets for mounting a HDD in one of the four upper 5¼" bays:

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-3-5-Inch-Universal-5-25-Inch-BRACKET/dp/B0001UZQWG/ref=sr_1_31?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1320514219&sr=1-31

They worked like a charm. I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree nor particularly mechanically inclined so it took some trial and error to figure out how these brackets were meant to be installed but once I figured it out they really did the trick. You can slide the HDD in from the front just like an optical drive and the brackets come with four screws for mounting to the drive bay frame for a really secure installation. I'm glad I did this. Corsair would do well to include something like this with their cases or offer it as an additional accessory. How many people need four 5¼" bays and this is a great way to make use of that space.

I found these brackets for mounting a HDD in one of the four upper 5¼" bays:

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-3-5-Inch-Universal-5-25-Inch-BRACKET/dp/B0001UZQWG/ref=sr_1_31?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1320514219&sr=1-31

They worked like a charm. I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree nor particularly mechanically inclined so it took some trial and error to figure out how these brackets were meant to be installed but once I figured it out they really did the trick. You can slide the HDD in from the front just like an optical drive and the brackets come with four screws for mounting to the drive bay frame for a really secure installation. I'm glad I did this. Corsair would do well to include something like this with their cases or offer it as an additional accessory. How many people need four 5¼" bays and this is a great way to make use of that space.

Were you able to put the filtered drive bay cover/bezel thing back on afterwards?

Archived