Corsair Community

Newbie Where to start?

touchdown

What drivers from Microsoft should be installed for the Force 3 90GB SSD not the controllers? I have 2 listed in device mgr. these are dated 6/21/2006. This is an ASUS board with Intel P55 chipset. The model is ASUS P7P55D-E LX. ASUS support sent me these directions to setup the board in bios, this is copied straight from the email, "Change the under AI over clock tuner change to XMP go to AI tweaker change the dram timming to manual cas- latency ras to cas ras -pretime ras-actime go to dram voltage set it to manual change the V" That’s what they sent me when I told them I was having trouble with the Motherboard. I did manage to figure out the XMP part but that was it. So any help from you guys would be much appreciated. I haven’t flashed the firmware because I was told the firmware update tool will not work with Marvell controllers, so I don’t know where to start. I at least hope I posted this right?:confused:

Hard drives or solid state drives don't have drivers, they never have.

The SATA controller needs a driver, once that is installed it will interface the hard drive for you.

If you have AHCI mode enabled in your BIOS, the Microsoft standard AHCI driver will install on its own. No need to worry about that.

• 3 weeks later...
This is an ASUS board with Intel P55 chipset. The model is ASUS P7P55D-E LX. ASUS support sent me these directions to setup the board in bios, this is copied straight from the email, "Change the under AI over clock tuner change to XMP go to AI tweaker change the dram timming to manual cas- latency ras to cas ras -pretime ras-actime go to dram voltage set it to manual change the V" That’s what they sent me when I told them I was having trouble with the Motherboard.

That part of the post is for setting your DDR3 memory for your board.

What problems you did say you have with the board, when you ask help from them?

Archived