Corsair Community

Corsair H100 problems ( screw threads dont aling proberly + strange fan speeds )

johnnyw

Hey,

So installed H100 today my system and i have few problems with it now. First thing is that threads in rad dont seem to be aligned proberly, for fan side i needed to mount other fan with only 3 screws because that 4th one was really quite far from threads and no way to get it installed, then there is basicly same thing in case mounting side, only got it mounted with 6 screws cause few threads was totally off place. After i first noticed that tested it with 2x 120mm fans and those fits perfectly to those holes in case so case do not have wrongly aligned holes.

Pics

Case mouting ( look those spots marked at red ):

http://i9.aijaa.com/t/00950/8947934.t.jpg

Missing fan screw ( cant be installed as it wont go to threads ):

http://i2.aijaa.com/t/00050/8947935.t.jpg

Then another thing is that when i change the fanprofile example from low to med fanspeed barely changes at all. High setting also not seem to be running at full speed, well its faster than those 2 lower ones but compared to that "leaf blower sound" i got in post from those it seems like athose dont just run in full blast with even with high. i Almost start to think high profile dont work at all and when i set it to high its actualyl at medium. Also on top of that fans seems to be making some weird sound probably from bearings :(

I would try and leave all the screws loose unill you get them all started and then proceed to tighten them up.

As far as the fan speeds go, what are your temps at full load?

Also on top of that fans seems to be making some weird sound probably from bearings :(

Call customer service and explain that to them. They should send you some new ones.

Allready tried to put screws that they just start to thread but that dont help anything, those 2 threads are so far of that there is no way to get screws to those. Would need to tilt the rad a lot to make that happen and they you wont get another screws mounted. Temps are fine, just runned prime with H100 setted to low and highest core temp i got in 15mins of prime95 was 58 degrees and lowest core was 54c. That with 4.6GHz 1.34v which ive used 24/7 several months with my 2500K.

Anyway noticed one more weird thing, when i cold start or system my H100 kinda start 2 times, when pushing power button it ramps fans to full, then for like 0.5s shuts off then light turns on to it and ramps to full again. Is that normal?

Apart from that H100 acting it seems to post just like it has always done.

Im going to take small vid tomorrow on those sounds that fans are making, its more like grinding sound and made sure its not hitting anything so its not that, if i stop that "back" fan with finger sound stops immideatly.

Well taked small vid with really old pocket camera so quality is awful, but you can see that "double start" which happens in cold boot plus hear that chirping/grinding sound that the fan makes (easiest to hear that is around at 53s->).

Hey,

So installed H100 today my system and i have few problems with it now. First thing is that threads in rad dont seem to be aligned proberly, for fan side i needed to mount other fan with only 3 screws because that 4th one was really quite far from threads and no way to get it installed, then there is basicly same thing in case mounting side, only got it mounted with 6 screws cause few threads was totally off place. After i first noticed that tested it with 2x 120mm fans and those fits perfectly to those holes in case so case do not have wrongly aligned holes...

The issue with the screw holes on the radiator not lining up with the holes in the case is very strange. Your method of testing the hole locations in the case with a 120mm fan is perfect.

If you found that the mounting holes in a fan do not line up with all the screw holes in the radiator, that is a problem. That really should be your ultimate test, all the holes on each fan should line up perfectly with the screw holes on the radiator. If they don't, there is something wrong with the location of the holes on the radiator.

The only other thing I can think of, is if you did not choose the correct holes in the top of the case to use with a radiator. But I don't think that is the problem. Your case is designed for use with a radiator, and in your picture the holes in the case do not look like they are in the wrong location.

I'm guessing that the screw holes in the radiator at the one end were drilled in the wrong place, which causes the alignment problem. You should return that H100 for a new one.

Ye in ideal situation i probably would of done rma ticket allready, but its not quite as simple really for me atm. I dont have other pc at the moment and also dont even have stock cooler for cpu, so that would leave me completely without pc for rma time which is not really option as i need pc daily.

But i agree that this H100 is some dodgy piece. Those screwhole aligment prolems are really weird when even fans in other side of rad dont mount proberly, i need to leave atleast 1 of the screws unmounted cause threads just dont line up with fan. Then there is also the problem with fan making chirping/grinding noise.

Anyway not getting all screws mounted is thing i can live with. But that fan noise starts to make me nuts, its really annoying when you hear it all the time.

Well, I've never heard of the misaligned mounting holes before, so I guess you have a unique problem, lucky you.

Just be sure that the noisy fan is not rubbing on something, that can easily happen. Try loosening the screws on the fan a bit, since very tight screws might cause the fans frame to become forced out of its normal shape.

Well, I've never heard of the misaligned mounting holes before, so I guess you have a unique problem, lucky you.

Just be sure that the noisy fan is not rubbing on something, that can easily happen. Try loosening the screws on the fan a bit, since very tight screws might cause the fans frame to become forced out of its normal shape.

Nah i removed the fan allready few times and its definaltely not hitting anything, i think it just has faulty bearings or something, even tried it externally out of case and still made that same grinding sound.

Hmm 2-3 weeks sounds awfully long tbh. Just read my order confirmation mail yesterday better and in that was mentioned that it should take maximum 3 days till parts get shipped. Its allready gone past that 3 days but i guess ill still wait one day more before contacting corsair.

Hmm still nothing. Order status still just says processing :( Where should i contact to ask if thats normal that it takes so long? Afterall its almost week since order and order confirmation mail said max 3 days order to process.

Archived